La Crisis
Posted: 09 April 2009 01:56 AM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2008-09-12

Well Today I pretty much been told its going to be a dead year for Spain (I know we all heard but I thought I would list them)

1) Butlins have employed an extra 500 temp Staff to Help With demand as The Brits go english for there holidays…
2) ? vs the ? In some foreign exchanges apparently its ?1.17 to the pound Exchange rates!!!!!
3) Salou /Tarragona Port Aventura Sales down 45% this summer low demand in Hotels
4) 33% Ex Pats upsticks and leave for Uk
5) Houses to drop 40% in some areas Of Spain…
6) 2 or 3 more spanish banks set to crash…

I am sure we heard it all… Apparently what I have researched (Think Spain.. Google BBC So On)  is that it will get a lot lot worse before the help or Crisis resolves… .. Advice is to hold on be patient people with money sit tight and dont quit…..

There is one bit of good news

Rent Prices are set to fall for people who are looking to rent else were for a rest bite of High rented accomadation…

So to all the Expats Hang tight and lets ride out the storm!

Anthony

Posted: 09 April 2009 05:03 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

In one way , Spain getting a kick in the back may wake up lot ....hotels bar restaurants theme parks , not cheap for the spanish aswell , place was getting out hand wth prices

Most the costa where over priced ... thanks two the english bars , with there int beers ... Guinness at 5 euros - 6 euros .... and told was brought from ireland ....
ya “its not exported from ireland “

Posted: 09 April 2009 04:29 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-12

Maybe the kick in the arse is what they need… Ok yeap In all tourist Coasts you are going to pay over the odds in prices us expats and Spaniards always go out of town Like Carrefour or Dia Or Gadis which other markets….

We expect the over priced but now them days will go and after this Crisis prices “Might” go back to normal!

The advice is for the Expats is hang in with this Gloom Just remember how difficult it was when you first started… Remember it be more expensive to jack it all in and start again! For those people who want to move here… It is still possible those with little or a lot of money you can make it here as long as your willing to graft and take any job and Learn Spanish….

For those that are Watching those Tv Programs Like “Places In The Sun” please ignore it most of them shows are re runs and Do not provide the real time information… LA LA Land!  😜

I think by September we will know exactly how things stand…

Anthony 😊

Posted: 09 April 2009 08:21 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

For those that are Watching those Tv Programs Like ?Places In The Sun? please ignore it most of them shows are re runs and Do not provide the real time information? LA LA Land!  . Very ture Mac31 ... time for price two come down .... wich that are ... but still need two come down more ....

Kris Alicante 3 stars Can?nigo M.L. Penalva, s/n, Alicante ?136 per night from tue 14 - 20april ....  680 for 5 nights , ha add flights taxis taxes and spending money ... 1500.00 for few days

Only picked that hotel out the blue .......

Holiday lets ...    17 April 7 nights   ? 415.00 week for holiday lets ........ uk i got holiday let from around 200 pounds for same time ....
just pick place out the blue

going to look to this in next few days so any can look in two aswell nice see can get price down

Let Make spain cheap .... and get people to come back to here

jurdy

Posted: 09 April 2009 09:46 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-12

Well for a two week holiday in Salou Port Aventura hotel El Paso “Just Hotel No Food Included” ?2.482 Excludes Flights & Food…

Prices need to come down Rapidly Owners of Hotels and B&B;‘s are raising prices to cope with 2 hotels in Salou have closed due to no “Reservations” This was on Telecinco Noticias Last week…

Here in work (Spanish and English Workers) are really Down due to the fact that things are not picking up around the area….

Something really needs to be done… To get things moving AGAIN!

Posted: 10 April 2009 12:30 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

See Easter getaway drivers face higher prices at the pumps .... now need to be stopped ....  that say that price are coming down with power and fuel still hight ....

Minister Zapatero and his Cabinet reshuffle head want to see real price .... and stop useing are hard earn cash ... when was last time he saw prices are payed a bill

Posted: 10 April 2009 12:49 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-12

Well Lets Really Hope So!