West Country expats wanted for TV series
Posted: 08 May 2007 04:59 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2007-05-08

Hi there,

I’m writing from DENHAM Productions, an independent TV production company based in Plymouth, probably best known for making the Rick Stein food programmes for the BBC.

Following the success of two regional ITV series (Three Men in a Boat & Slow Blokes in France) featuring ITV Westcountry’s veteran presenters Chris Denham, Ron Bendell and Craig Rich, we are currently researching our next series, The Slow Blokes Crusade, centred on the Three Busketeer’s road trip through Spain and into Morocco in a vintage red bus named Mrs Mackay (see image attached).

I am in the process of searching for contributors for the six-part series, and I’m especially keen to find expats living in Spain, and Portugal, that have a strong West Country connection. I would welcome any assistance you may offer and would be especially grateful if you would post this message on your forum.

Ideally (but not essentially) the expats will hail from the region (Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and Dorset) and will be living, working or retired in the Iberian peninsula. In particular, we shall be travelling through the following regions/cities and would be especially keen to hear from people to be found along this route;

Spain
Cantabria - Santander (our port of arrival)
Basque - San Sebastian (twinned with Plymouth), Bilbao
La Rioja (ideally someone with a connection with the wines!)
Galicia - Santiago de Compostela, Vigo
Extremadura - Caceres, Trujillo
Castilla La Mancha (would be especially keen to talk to anyone knowledgeable on Don Quixote!)
Andalucia - Seville, Huelva, Jerez (anyone in the sherry trade), Cadiz, Tarifa (extreme sport connections), Costa del Sol, Granada & Sierra Nevada (a Yoga retreat?)
Gibraltar
Portugal - Oporto, Lisbon (anyone in the Port business), Lagos, Algarve

Should anyone be interested in taking part in the series or just finding out more, they can contact me by the following;

DENHAM Productions, Boydell House, Quay West Studios, Old Newnham, Plymouth, Devon PL7 5BH
Office: 00 44 1752 345444
Email: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)
Web: http://www.denhams.tv

Many thanks and kindest regards,

Adam Scott Kennedy
Director

Posted: 16 May 2007 06:07 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  235
Joined  2007-04-25

Heh!!

Does someone from Manchester that ended up here via Cornwall count!?!

Signature 

Visit our website - http://www.granadapropertyreform.com

“Dedicated to making your Spanish house a home”

Posted: 18 May 2007 06:09 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-05-08

Dear All & Sundry,

Please feel free to say HI! whether you have a Westcountry connection or not.

Gracias

Adam

Posted: 21 May 2007 01:21 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-05-21

Hi adam

im from bristol and moving to costa del sol in june!

cheers

Posted: 21 May 2007 12:00 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-05-08

Hi Wispin, Do let me know what you’ll be doing there. Thanks, Adam

Posted: 22 May 2007 12:21 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2007-05-21

Hi adam

not a lot !!, we have sold our business here and are relocating so that my partner can learn to be a diving instructor. we are renting a house near nerja.

cheers