< 1 2 3 4 > 
3 of 4
Where do I look?
Posted: 18 September 2010 03:08 PM   [ # 31 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  45
Joined  2010-05-15

Oh, well its pretty difficult to tell where they all congregate when you are in Oz i suppose, haha!! I have really no idea! Don’t suppose any of you happen to have a list of the places there are bowling clubs?? Would love to take that up again and I do reckon that where there are brits there are bowling clubs!! I do know there is a few big ones around the Torrevieja district further south, thats about all the info i have on that subject!

Posted: 19 September 2010 07:21 AM   [ # 32 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-05-15

Sounds OK if there’s a bowling green around the bar, LOL! Think I’m a bit long in the tooth and late in the day for the keep fit bit though!! is there a distant sea view in Bendoleig?

Posted: 20 September 2010 05:06 AM   [ # 33 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-05-15

I haven’t heard of those last 2 places you mention, but I’ll Google earth it and see if I can shed any light, thank you for the tips!! if I can I would love to have a view down to the coast but if it can’t be found on my budget well I’ll just have to compromise!! Thats why Torrox and Iznate down south appealed to me - village life, but still civilised and views..Although Oliva seems to have a few suburbs with sea views though! More rainfall up there though according to the Kyero weather tables online..

Posted: 20 September 2010 01:44 PM   [ # 34 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-05-15

Yes -I’ve noticed that some advertise “with a sea view- or mountain view’ and there are never any photos on the ads of the actual view - which would expect to be a selling point for the property… I think it a psychological thing with me to be able to see the coast even if far away in the distance, it doesn’t matter.. Thats why I hate the house I am in - its only 2 min drive from wonderful beaches and the indian ocean, but all I can see are the houses across the road - because the coastal plains are flat for miles inland, whereas at the place we had before we could see for 80 - 100 miles!! I thought being near the sea was enough, but I find I also want to be up high somewhere looking out over something! hey - but who said life was fair….I am very lucky compared to some!

Posted: 21 September 2010 06:10 AM   [ # 35 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-05-15

Yes - I read about that somewhere - same problem but different as whats going on in Arboleas district in Almeria..Kind of put me off the area I must say. But I’m not likely to be able to afford anything frontline anyway, so I don’t think that would be a problem, LOL! But the Tumbit site is a mine of information!! I recommend it to anyone coming to Spain! very informative!

Posted: 24 September 2010 03:06 PM   [ # 36 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2010-09-24

hey woody:D Good luck to you..Hope that u have an interesting n happy new life there:D
—————-
Website Development

Posted: 25 September 2010 05:39 AM   [ # 37 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-05-15

Thank you for that - and I’m sure i will if i ever get there, LOL! Its taking forever to settle here in Australia, but i hope to be there before christmas anyway!!

Posted: 28 September 2010 02:10 PM   [ # 38 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-05-15

Will have a look at that site too! I thought Tumbit is really informative though…

Posted: 14 October 2010 09:50 PM   [ # 39 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-10-14

You will almost certainly be able to get more for your money if you serach for property away from the Costa del Sol, and to a lesser extent the Costa Blanca. If you prefer a sea view ( and I will jump in with an assumption that you mean a Mediterranean sea view ! ) then you may wish to consider some of the areas of the Costa around Huelva or on the Costa del Azahar. They still have good transport networks and Infrastructure, with expat communities, but not quite as popular / over developed as other areas of Spain.

Posted: 15 October 2010 05:10 AM   [ # 40 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-05-15

Thanks for that!! I also want to be near a bowling club - thats the problem as most of them are in and around Orihuela, Denia, javea and Benitachell - with the exception of a couple in Mazarron..

Posted: 22 December 2010 02:10 AM   [ # 41 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  12
Joined  2010-12-22

Its important that you do as much travelling around the areas as possible. There are bargains to had at the moment, however you must establish where you want to be, then drill down into that market. There is little accurate data around when it comes to house prices in any area, so you really have to do as much ground work as you can before making any decisions.

Signature 

La Zagaleta property
long term rentals Marbella

Posted: 22 December 2010 09:11 AM   [ # 42 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-05-15

At last - I am arriving in Spain 18th january! Yippee! Will be renting a house in San Fulgencio for 6 weeks while I concentrate my search around the Costa Blanca, and up to Oliva, with benidoleig, Orba, benitachell etc foremost in mind!!  Thank you to all of you for your advice and information , and let me also take the opportunity to wish all Forumites a very merry Xmas and all the best for 2011!

Posted: 06 January 2011 02:13 PM   [ # 43 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-01-06

your idea is look like good.

Signature 

l like to play wow gold

< 1 2 3 4 > 
3 of 4