American citizen living in Barcelona
Posted: 30 March 2011 03:43 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-03-30

Hello all,

I am an American citizen and I have been living in Barcelona for almost a year now.  I came here on a 3 month tourist visa and have created a wonderful life for myself.  I plan on visiting home this summer and I am also planning on applying for a student visa when I get there, so that hopefully I can return to Spain with no problems.  I have several questions about this: 1. Has anyone else obtained a student visa?  If so, do you have any advice for me on the process?  2. Has anyone claimed their passport stolen, while in Spain, and applied for a new one through the American Embassy?  My thinking is that if I apply for a new passport it won?t have a stamp in it, which would make it a little easier to travel home and apply for my visa.  I could always get a new passport when I get to the states, but I can?t decide if it makes more sense to get it while I?m here?

I would really appreciate hearing people?s advice and stories on this matter.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Un beso,
Alex

Posted: 04 May 2011 02:40 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-05-04

I too am an American. My husband is interested in a move to Barcelona for work. We have a baby on the way! Huge things for us. We are both 30, active, and work in the video game industy. I’m the artist, he’s a producer. I will be unemployed once I move, but he will be employed. Sorry for the TMI.

When I lived in germany I remember the visa being only 3 months but I stayed just a little bit longer 😉 and had no problems. They aren’t going to hunt you down. From what I heard from most other people abroad….no issues in the same matter. Some of my friends even had no student visa, stayed and stayed, no issues. A year time frame. Worst case scenario you have to leave the country then go right back.

Hopefully I don’t get into any trouble for this statement 😊

Posted: 04 May 2011 04:12 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  15
Joined  2011-04-27
iheartbarcelona - 30 March 2011 03:43 AM

Hello all,

I am an American citizen and I have been living in Barcelona for almost a year now.  I came here on a 3 month tourist visa and have created a wonderful life for myself.  I plan on visiting home this summer and I am also planning on applying for a student visa when I get there, so that hopefully I can return to Spain with no problems.  I have several questions about this: 1. Has anyone else obtained a student visa?  If so, do you have any advice for me on the process?  2. Has anyone claimed their passport stolen, while in Spain, and applied for a new one through the American Embassy?  My thinking is that if I apply for a new passport it won?t have a stamp in it, which would make it a little easier to travel home and apply for my visa.  I could always get a new passport when I get to the states, but I can?t decide if it makes more sense to get it while I?m here?

I would really appreciate hearing people?s advice and stories on this matter.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Un beso,
Alex

There is no serious problem of visa but if you want to made a new or claimed to passport stolen may be they check your previous detail that on which conditions you come here and what are now.