Importing gold coin collection
Posted: 16 April 2011 11:46 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2011-04-16

Hello to all,
Does anyone have any experience with importing a gold coin collection and knowledge of VAT taxes. From read so far, an 18% VAT tax on gold bullion and coins may apply. Monetary instruments over 10K also have to be reported. How the gold coin value is calculated is not clear. In most countries if a coin is of legal tender, stamped with a value (eagle $25, $50), that is the value of the coin. The definition of a collection in one country to another also varies. I tried to call airport customs but, no one seemed to know for sure.  I am coming from a non-EU country. The amount of gold jewelry one can wear is also not defined… worst case scenario I can melt them down for gold chains… any experiences would be appreciated.. thx..

Posted: 07 May 2011 04:32 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2011-04-16

Just flew into Spain with all my gold.. Did not have to pay taxes since it is considered investment gold. No problems what so ever traveling from USA. Need to convert the rest of my USD to gold before it turns to toilet paper… GL…

Posted: 07 May 2011 04:35 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Haha, cool. Good to know!

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 12 June 2011 10:19 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-06-12

Thread deleted by Jurdy
Reason: Please read the rules. No advertising in the forums,