Incorrect bill for telephone charges
Posted: 28 July 2011 09:41 PM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2008-12-26

This subject has been broached in the past. For those expatriates who have recently arrived or contracted a telephone for your home need this information.  When you contract the service you must always ask for what offers are available. Over the recent years you have been able to have connection and router free. This will only be the case if you ask for this. In most cases whether the petition has been in English or Spanish you will be assured by the commercial department that they will honour your request. Wait for the first bill where almost always you will find that you are charged what the invoice will list asl         which when questioned will admit are for connection charges and the router if you have contracted an adsl line. You can reclaim this amount and they will refund the extra monies paid,

Signature 

Kind regards,
Myra
http://www.costaadvicebureau.com

Posted: 28 May 2012 08:21 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  63
Joined  2007-11-01

Having read in the press of the ?125 million fine that Telefonica recently received for overcharging their clients, I decided to check out my factura for Iberbanda. Surprise surprise. When I checked out the latest tariffs on the Iberbanda web site I discovered that there was a great difference in what I have been paying and the latest prices. As soon as I asked Atenci?n al Cliente to explain this, I was immediately offered a lower price. It went from ?50.00 to ?30.00 pm including IVA. When I asked why I had not been informed of these new prices, I was politely told because I had not asked for them. As I had not asked there will be no refund on the extra I have paid. For how long I do not know. I have been with Iberbanda for 7 years. My new price will take effect from the next factura.

My advice to all users of either fixed or mobiles in Spain is to check regularly to make sure you are paying the correct tariff. If you don’t they will not as I have found out the hard way. Is it any wonder that Telefonica has received this huge fine from the EU?.

Posted: 04 June 2012 12:05 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

Si, Si DKO… I have been a movistar mobile client for 12yrs now… Each time I want to check I am not being over charged/on wrong tarrif I phone them up and say I want to cancel my contract and switch to PAYG (I am a very low user, so it would perhaps not be too much of a hardship.)
On my last call (Friday just gone), I found out the good news that the ‘Minimum Contract’ has gone down from Eu9 (+IVA) to E6. Which suits me all round as I HAVE TO HAVE a contract to continue to get the discount/lower rate on my home phone/internet from them.

PS - I am paying Eu49pcm (inc IVA) for standard line rental (Eu13), free adsl/router and the rest is??? (I think 50 mins of calls to mobiles pcm), and no charge/included to Spanish landline no’s 24x7.

Does anyone think they have a cheaper deal with Movistar/Telefonica?  Do I need to be asking them for a better rate! 😉
(8MB download speed, so happy with that - and no limit on useage/downloading.)

It is still cheaper than our previous provider - Mercury - but we had to have them as no one else would supply a service to our campo home…

PS - We do not call UK that often, but when we do, we use voipcheap.com

Posted: 23 March 2014 09:50 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2014-03-23

Good advice to check the bill every month. It’s true, when my wife and I first contracted telefonica for landline and internet we received our bill, paid it and didn’t think much afterwards. One day I looked through the actual charges and I realized that they were charging us 5 euros a month for some antivirus service that were did not ask for. It doesn’t sound like much but after a few months 5 euros adds up. I called and had them take off the charge and now I take a detailed look at the bill every month to make sure it’s right.