Shipping a parcel from Barcelona to Germany with GLS
Posted: 07 June 2008 01:03 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2007-12-18

I am about to move back to Germany in a few weeks and there are a few things I need to send back by mail. I was going to just send a parcel or two by Correos but it would cost me ?75 for 20kg and that is way too expensive (the 20kg is only an estimate, but I do definitely already have 10kg of books so it is probably not off by too much).
I remember my best friend shipped back some stuff to Germany for quite cheap with GLS (General Logistics Systems) from Madrid, but it seems the depot here is a bit out in the sticks. The address is:
C/ Mitjans
08290 Cerdanyola Del Vall?s
Barcelona
Now I do not have a car, so does anyone know how to get there with public transport?
Or better, has anyone shipped with them before and do you know if they do pick-ups? They are much cheaper to ship stuff with (I couldn’t find a pricing tool on their Spanish site, but from Germany to Spain it would cost just under ?35 for up to 40kg so I assume it will be similar the other way around; I also remember my friend telling me it cost around ?30) but if I cannot get my parcel to them, that won’t help.
I will call them on Monday (business hours are Mon-Fri 9am-6pm) but I thought I would ask here tonight already on the odd chance that someone has used their services before. I have to ship the parcel on Friday at the very latest as I will leave Barcelona on Saturday and will only be back here for a day in three weeks before I fly back to Germany, so I need to get this done within the next week.
If you have any other suggestions how to ship a parcel to Germany for cheap, please let me know.
Thanks!

Posted: 02 March 2018 09:47 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2018-02-23

Well its been a long time but if you ever need a shipping logistics firm again, I’d be happy to suggest one. You can check BR International 4PL Logistics, the company provides international logistics and freight forwarding services. The company is a well-known firm and a very competitive company when it comes to logistics aspects and industry. Sending a parcel from country to country is not that easy so you really need an agency that can help you with that.