Secondary School Education
Posted: 01 February 2012 03:58 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-02-01

Hola everyone

My partner has just accepted a job in Gibraltar with a view to us all moving out to Spain in the next three months. He has secured a house for rent in Manilva but we’re in desperate need of some information on schools for my two teenagers ages 13 and 14.

It seems this could be a real issue as the International schools are proving to be out of our price range, quoting approx 3500 Euros per term, per child. I’m sure I have seen lower fees quoted on forums and wonder whether I am just looking at the wrong schools.

We initially thought we could send the children to school in Gib but it seems you have to be resident there, although my partner has seen many children crossing the border into Gib the mornings. Perhaps you can pay for the schools there?

We would much rather live in Spain but are not sure we can make the move now because of the schools.

Does anyone have any advice or can throw some light on something I may have missed?? Please!

Many thanks

Posted: 07 February 2012 10:24 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  306
Joined  2007-09-24

I am sorry I can’t shed any light on the options for schooling in Gib as am in wrong end of Spain, but the costs for international schooling sound higher than I would expect - why not have a look at some websites or make some calls to some in your target area? Round here school fees tend to go in 10 equal monthly payments (ie none in July and Aug), and some have discounts for second children… well worth investigating thoroughly, as they do vary.

It sounds like you have already ruled out the option of hurling them into the Spanish system, which I have to say given their ages I would agree with 100%  Some kids might be able to thrive in that situation, mine found it hard enough a lot younger,

If you can make it work and get over here, you will be doing them a massive favour in terms of their social education and lifestyle, wherever they end up.  Good luck with everything!

BDP

Signature 

http://www.costaconnected.com

Posted: 07 February 2012 11:34 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-02-01

Thanks for that .. and for the encouragement!  I really hope we can do it!  😊

Posted: 19 March 2012 04:26 PM   [ # 3 ]  
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  147
Joined  2010-06-04

I think you can send your children to school in Gib, but you have to pay for it, even though it is their state education

Posted: 16 March 2018 04:01 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2018-03-16

Do you know that I also encountered a similar issue when moving to Barcelona in particular. True, I have one child - a son. At that time he was 16 and it was necessary to try to finish the last year well in order to enter the university. And so I searched and talked with people a lot, especially I was helped by reviews on the topic “Private schools in Barcelona: the types and characteristics.” The best private schools in Barcelona ” on Au.PapersOwl The question of money is really relevant because studying in Spain is not considered cheap, position. But you should look for schools with benefits or a discount for training at the expense of two children. In addition, Madrid and Barcelona are expensive cities.

Posted: 27 March 2018 02:24 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  21
Joined  2018-03-16

Thank you. I will think about this

Posted: 30 April 2018 03:26 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2018-04-30

It seems this could be a real issue as the International schools are proving to be out of our price range, quoting approx 3500 Euros per term, per child. MB6-894 braindumps