Marijuana
Posted: 15 March 2008 06:45 AM   [ # 16 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  37
Joined  2008-03-08
Gitano - 22 February 2007 10:07 PM
silentbob - 22 February 2007 08:55 PM

Yeah, i’m from torrevieja and I have heard the same about the laws here. My friends and I often go to the beach and have a smoke. Speaking of which, does anyone know of someone who sells it?

you have got to be joking mate!!!

Theres always one isn’t there???!!!

Signature 

http://www.spanishtownhouseforsale.piczo.com

Posted: 15 March 2008 02:04 PM   [ # 17 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  50
Joined  2008-03-05
Gitano - 22 February 2007 06:21 PM
jyeppers19 - 22 February 2007 02:02 PM

so is it really true about the HIV rate????

It is im affraid, not surprising in such a Catholic country really.

What has religion got to do with it?

Posted: 31 March 2008 04:56 AM   [ # 18 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2007-09-01

Because they are not allowed to wear condoms which would stop the spread of the disease

Posted: 31 March 2008 06:06 AM   [ # 19 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19
sonictombstone - 31 March 2008 04:56 AM

Because they are not allowed to wear condoms which would stop the spread of the disease

well if you waer a Child sexual abuse it will help in lot off ways from e diseas, go to the who link is http://www.who.int/ and look it up
the Catholic do not want you to waer a
...... and lot diseas are run the mill , and from what happen to the church with sex Child sexual abuse ... would ask you hows right , sorry ant the church ....... condoms do help in ways from sex to gay sex bi are what every

Church Catholic Churches are wrong and thay know it but wont let on Catholic .priest tock kids who where n truble and did there best to fuck up there lifes , us kids that are now adult are paying for it while Government help this peter files gsorry be t it happen et way for what thay did

condom do help from spread sexually transmitted infections (STIs) of the Erasmus Medisch Centrum Rotterdam (Erasmus Medical Centre in Rotterdam) in the Netherlands reported 16 cases of infectious syphilis (six primary and 10 secondary cases), compared with four cases in the first half of 2001 and six cases in the whole of 2000

want ot fight on this one , no problem ...... i will ,

Posted: 31 March 2008 11:58 AM   [ # 20 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  18
Joined  2007-09-01

Why would I want to fight? All I said was that condoms stop the spread of the disease and the Catholic church didn’t allow their people to wear them. I didn’t say I thought they were right.

Posted: 31 March 2008 12:30 PM   [ # 21 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  303
Joined  2006-03-16

I’m certainly not going to defend or apologise for Catholicism in Spain or anywhere else, but the high prevalance of HIV in Southern Europe is nothing much to do with the Church - it’s down to needle-sharing amongst intravenous drug users.  51% of heroin users in Barcelona are positive, which is much higher even than here in Glasgow, where there is a worse heroin problem, but better distribution of clean needles. Only about a quarter of HIV cases in Spain have been contracted through heterosexual sex - which is the area, if I understand the situation correctly, where the attitudes of the Church might have made a difference either way. Condoms are freely available in all the Catholic countries with a high HIV rate (Spain, Italy, France etc.).  It just so happens that these countries also have a lot of needle-sharing amongst junkies. It’s true, I’ll accept, that many Catholic men sleep with heroin-using prostitutes and then have unprotected sex with their wives, but if this is a significant means of transmission, then it’s not born out by the statistics.

I’m always up for criticising the Church - for their politics, and of course because the religion itself is complete nonsense.  I just don’t think it’s their fault on this one.

Signature 

Martin, Scotland and the Alpujarra.  http://www.casasierra.blogspot.com

Posted: 04 April 2008 04:01 PM   [ # 22 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  28
Joined  2007-10-02

“The sad flip side to this is that it has the highest HIV figures in Europe.”

Does that have anything to do with Marijuana usage? From your post it sounds like it does lol.

Signature 

Rentals Estepona - Apartments, Townhouses and Villas for rent in Estepona.
Satellite Sotogrande - Satellite Installations in Sotogrande and the Costa del Sol.

Posted: 04 April 2008 04:29 PM   [ # 23 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  303
Joined  2006-03-16
Marcosll - 04 April 2008 04:01 PM

Does that have anything to do with Marijuana usage? From your post it sounds like it does lol.

Ah, that’s the beauty of forum threads, they go off in all kinds of directions.  I don’t think that anyone’s saying you can get HIV from a spliff.  However, small quantities of heroin for personal use are also permissable in Spain under the same legal framework, I believe, and some would argue that’s contributed to the HIV epidemic from injecting.  I don’t agree, as we have a worse smack problem in some countries where it’s definitely not permissable, but I assume that’s what this contributor is getting at.

Signature 

Martin, Scotland and the Alpujarra.  http://www.casasierra.blogspot.com

Posted: 15 April 2008 12:41 PM   [ # 24 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  27
Joined  2006-09-15
Marcosll - 04 April 2008 04:01 PM

Nope, it doesn’t,  but it does have a lot to do with injectable drug use, and that’s what I was trying to hi light.

Posted: 16 September 2008 11:20 PM   [ # 25 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2008-09-16

Spain is not a significant producer or cultivator of narcotics, but continues to serve as a primary transit site of South American cocaine and Moroccan hashish destined for other parts of Europe. The most notable increase in narcotics consumption in Spain involves the use of designer drugs, such as “ecstasy” (MDMA). Spanish authorities continue to work closely with their US counterparts, and in international organizations, to disrupt drug trafficking into and out of Spain.
While it produces many precursor chemicals, Spain is not a major source of chemicals diverted to illicit drug manufacture. Spanish law with respect to precursor chemicals accords with European Union (EU) directives and with the 1988 UN Convention Against Illicit Traffic in Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances.

=====================================================================================

http://www.marijuanaaddictiontreatment.com

crispian

Posted: 10 October 2008 09:22 AM   [ # 26 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2008-10-10

I wonder if those were my cousins houses in Albolote’ growing herbs??  I sure saw a lot of hashish smoking going on while I was in Spain..

Posted: 10 July 2018 04:49 PM   [ # 27 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2018-07-10

It is ligal if i remember caractly

Posted: 10 July 2018 04:50 PM   [ # 28 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2018-07-10
Romit - 02 July 2018 05:27 PM

People should allowed to use medical marijuana, as it is proving helpful in many ways.  marijuana can be of benefit in the treatment of many medical conditions.

Trully agry with you. That would be right

< 1 2
2 of 2