Inflatable swimming pools - for all the family!
Posted: 21 June 2009 04:51 PM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

Does anyone own an ‘above ground’ inflatable type pool?
If so, where did you get it, how much did you pay? (+/-!)...
Are you pleased with it?
Any problems?
Any advice?
Best make, etc… (spares???), longetivity!

or.. did you consider one, then decide against it? (If yes, why etc).

Thanks!

Posted: 21 June 2009 05:29 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2008-09-12

carrefour are doing a deal on Pools at the moment…

If you want one thats small or medium?

Prices start at ?300 to ?5000 all come with filter etc and long warranty…

Neighbour bought the ?5000 one not bad wooden surround Steps large 5 foot deep etc.. awesome for money…

If you want a paddling pool go to nearest beach shop and you pay around ?10 or cheaper.

Posted: 23 June 2009 08:09 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-01

Thanks Mac 😉
Will ge me to Carrefour asap!

Posted: 28 June 2009 02:51 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-01

Went to Carrefour on a shopping expedition…
The two brands they stock are GRE (German/French?)... not very strong/limited choice
& Intex.

Sadly both brands are below par (IMO)...
We are going for Bestway (have seen one in a friends garden & were very impressed).

We are thinking of importing a few (European importer of Bestway is in the UK).
If you think you would be interested - PM me!!!

Posted: 28 June 2009 05:52 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

can you get the female ones ?

Posted: 17 September 2010 06:03 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2010-09-13

I would recommend intex, it might be expensive compared to other brands but they are sure to last longer

Signature 

pool winter cover

Posted: 17 September 2010 12:03 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-01

Hi Hot Pool,
Do you own an Intex?

Since my origianl post we have had two good years out of our Bestway, but after constant use the pump has now died and the inflatable ring around the top has a leak we cannot find.

Thankfully (possibly due to the recession?) Euroski had a great deal on all pools this year and we got ourselves a very nice Intex wtih all the bits for next season!  The pump has already been in action due to above^
A bargain at Eu120 for a 5M x 3M above ground inflatable pool.  (They were well over Eu300 when we looked last year).

Tip for anyone putting pool up in their garden:  A) make sure the area is TOTALLY LEVEL, B) if there is grass (esp the strong african type!) either put down some weed killer, and/or the heavy duty black gardening plastic (available from all ?Campo Gardening Stores?), otherwise you might get grass growing up through the bottom of the pool! The blue ground sheet that comes with the kit is not sufficient!  (As we did last year and had to repair all the tiny holes, this year though our solution of above worked a treat!)

Happly splashing! 😊

Posted: 20 September 2010 06:56 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-01

Thanks for tips Tumbit.

We are on our second season.  Have repaired various holes in bottom (as described above), using a heavy duty rubber boat kit in the end.  All lasted Ok for season, just we couldn’t find the leak in the ring. (Think they perish after a few years in the sun.  Ours is now on year 4).

RE capacity of pump Ltrs per hour, couldn’t agree more!  We were sad when our Bestway one packed up as it was a great 5,000Ltrs phr.  New one is just 1,200!  Can’t work that out ...

Still using pool with warm water as bought a solar cover. But soon we will be pumping out the water to use on the garden and put away for another year 😊

Posted: 25 November 2010 09:47 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-13

Hi Susan,

Sorry for the late reply, I was busy this past month. Have you purchased Intex?

Signature 

pool winter cover

Posted: 25 November 2010 12:33 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-01

^ HP
Si, Si!
But will not now get to try it till next season 😉
(Altho we have already been using some of the ‘extra bits’ like skimmer, net, cleaning head etc… although on the latter we had a bit of a problem keeping the pool dirt free this year, basically the ‘blow’ rather than suck method on these type of pools cleaning kit is a bit ineffective. (I know they do a larger type, but waiting to see if we have the same prob next season before investing in that.  BTW I did buya ‘suck type’ submersible pump this year to empty the pool, hoping it would be adaptable to using it as a sucker to clean as well, but not possible as it just is one way, and also the bottom of the pump is round and it would be a feat to seal that up and attach to a brush head - if you know what I mean 😉
Thankfully we don’t get too many leaves in the pool, plus we keep the dust down by using a solar cover start/end of season, but as you know ....

PS - Oddly the filter this year got very clogged up with limescale, whereas last year it was just dust/dark matter!  (Goodness knows if we are drinking that stuff!)

Posted: 26 November 2010 06:02 AM   [ # 10 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-13

I also tried to do use the ?suck type? submersible pump to clean the pool but my friend advised me not to to so because it will eventually damage the pump. It’s a good idea that you use solar cover, it does not just cover the pool but also provides heat from the sun, saving you time, money and effort.

You might consider the capabilities of salt water system upon purchasing intext next season.

Goodluck 😊

Signature 

pool winter cover

Posted: 26 November 2010 12:42 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-11-01

Hi HP, Thanks for the tip ^.  Will just stick to using the pump at end of season to re-cycle the water for the garden.

Is there much involved in a salt water system?  What do I need?
How effective is it regarding staying clean etc. 

Do you know what cleaning kits there are for intext on the market, should we need to hoover from time to time (to waste rather than just the ‘push and blow and bag’ kit that comes as standard).

Thanks again for all the tips.
That’s what I love about forums! 😊

Just found this link which possibly answers my question!

http://www.intexcorp.com/saltwater_02.html

But next one… where to buy in Spain! How much etc! (showing at USD 199 for stand alone system, but no idea wyere apart from supermarkets, and do they bother to buy all the bits in?)

Posted: 30 November 2010 09:38 AM   [ # 12 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2010-09-13

Once you have salt water system, you don’t need to hover your pool from time to time (unless necessary). The good thing about salt water system is that you don’t need to replace the water from time to time. Swimming pools rust because of salt and need chlorinator to neutralize the salt unlike intex.

Where to buy in Spain? That was also my problem. My friend told me that he bought every maintenance equipment one by one from amazon: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_sq_top?ie=UTF8&keywords=cleaning kit for intex&index=blended&pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B000SQ4V8S&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1XZE3DZQAZ22Y17EEXQB

Signature 

pool winter cover

Posted: 11 January 2019 02:52 PM   [ # 13 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2019-01-07

Easily accessible. I like the salt water framework. It’s accessible in over the ground pool packages. Progressively costly to purchase, yet clearly easier to maintain. Perhaps somewhat less liner life, however, new liners are not so costly. Use the pool cover, as UV causes enormous damage.

Posted: 10 February 2019 10:23 AM   [ # 14 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  5
Joined  2018-01-29

Oh I see