As you can see…
Posted: 21 June 2006 06:44 PM  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

There is now a forum on Spain Expat. As this is the first entry, I’d like to take a moment to note a few things on the to do list and perhaps others can remind me when they don’t get done:

- Encourage people to stop posting questions about things that AREN’T related to the information page on which they post.
- Encourage people to read the articles and use their heads before posting, for example on the Cost of Living page, (not a real example) “how much do you think I need to make to be able to live in xyz-tiny-spanish-town-no-one’s-heard-of?”
- Encourage people to take a chance and be heard. Yes, there are other people that can learn a lot from your experience moving to Spain!
- Find some moderators who know their shit.
- Stop watching so much World Cup and take it easy on the beer. My gut is growing.
- Setup a Forum Policy page and post it right here, then make it sticky.
- Encourage some of my expat friends to take a peek in here once in a while.
- Last but certainly not least, make this forum into the community of nice, friendly expats I know it can be.

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 22 June 2006 03:46 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05

Tom: I don’t see any its where it’s should be, nor vice versa… you?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 18 September 2007 09:45 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2007-08-13

Hi visited new chat room but only me ever there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :down:

Posted: 16 October 2007 11:29 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-10-16

Hi i am emma i live in fuerteventura have been here for 9 weeks almost we are now looking at moveing to the main land as it is so dead here no jobs and all that my husband ia a builder and if any one can help in any way to tell us were is the best place on the main land to live i would be great full.

Posted: 12 August 2008 03:08 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  24
Joined  2007-02-25

i tried to get on the new chat room, unfortunately when i clicked on it i got a virus, haven’t had the courage to try again.

Posted: 12 August 2008 04:29 AM   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

so that where i got the flu ?

Posted: 30 October 2008 02:22 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

DUE TO PEOPLE SPAMMING THE FORUM HERE WITH LIVE LINKS AND STUPID POSTED , THEY BE EDITED AND CAN BE BANNED
JURDY

NO COMPANY SELLING GOODS HERE ASWELL ie PHONE RUNNERS TSHIRTS AND SO ON

PROTECT YOURSELF FROM FRAUD ,
Tip: Don’t send money to anyone you don’t know

Western Union urges you to protect yourself from fraud by considering the following:
      Never send money to a stranger using a money transfer service.

Beware of deals or opportunities that seem too good to be true.

Don?t use money transfer services to pay for things like online auction purchases.

Never send money to pay for taxes or fees on foreign lottery winnings.

If you think you’ve been a victim of fraud, contact westernunion there Online Fraud page

JURDY

Posted: 30 May 2009 03:26 AM   [ # 7 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  95
Joined  2009-05-27

I have a little forum suggestion. Could you make a topic for “Studying in Spain”?  I noticed someone post something about student visas under the Working in Spain topic.  Then it occured to me that there isn’t really an appropriate area for such a question.

As someone who plans to study in Spain, it would be beneficial to have a place where I could talk to others about what different universities are like, as I’m not able to see them myself! Since I can’t afford to visit any of the universities ahead of time, I am going to have to pick one solely based on long-distance research. I’d also like to be able to talk to others who have studied in Spain about their experiences. Having a forum topic about this would be excellent! Thank you.

Posted: 24 August 2009 10:44 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-08-22

I hope somebody can advise me on what to do. I am a Filipino citizen working here in the US with a H1B working visa. My wife is a Spanish citizen who is going to deliver our baby this coming October 13. I am planning to go to Spain so I could be with her during the delivery. What are the requirements or documents that I need to bring to the Spanish embassy so that my travel to Spain will be approved? Please somebody help me….

Posted: 25 August 2009 02:31 AM   [ # 9 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  95
Joined  2009-05-27

you should call the embassy, only they will be able to give you official information.  Obviously, i’d bring all your identifying documents, passport, birthcirtificate, marriage certificate, your H1B visa.. maybe some proof of your employment.  you definitely need to call the embassy to find out if there’s anythign else you need. you should easily be able to go to Spain if your wife is a citizen.. i think there’s something called a “reuniting family” visa.. you can find information on the embassy web site. you also need to talk to the U.S. embassy to make sure you’ll be able to re-enter the U.S.

also, this is not the right thread to post on. you should post under another topic, like “moving to spain” or even “introductions” and more people will read it.  I posted the above comment in may and no one has responded to me yet…

you should also ask a more specific question; as i’m not really sure what you want help with. and maybe explain your situation more.. are you trying to visit Spain or move there permenently?

Posted: 07 January 2010 05:28 AM   [ # 10 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  42
Joined  2009-08-13

“There is a forum now on Spain ex pats”?I know I’m pretty dumb but I don’t really know what the difference is between this"forum” and the tapas bar and the other bits of the site like finance, etc etc.?  I apparently upset someone the other day and instantly got threats of banning!  because I asked a question in the wrong place.. i went back more than once to that area and still don’t know what i did wrong! as other people were posting there.

So the point I’m trying to make is (with difficulty) :  even though I use the internet and computers every day in my work and leisure.. some of this forum stuff and it rules and procedures are not easy for all..  many like me will be put off posting until we get to grips with the procedures….  so"SOME” moderators should not only know their &*^%  but also have a little patience with the “older” set

The Expatriator - 21 June 2006 06:44 PM

There is now a forum on Spain Expat. As this is the first entry, I’d like to take a moment to note a few things on the to do list and perhaps others can remind me when they don’t get done:

- Encourage people to stop posting questions about things that AREN’T related to the information page on which they post.
- Encourage people to read the articles and use their heads before posting, for example on the Cost of Living page, (not a real example) “how much do you think I need to make to be able to live in xyz-tiny-spanish-town-no-one’s-heard-of?”
- Encourage people to take a chance and be heard. Yes, there are other people that can learn a lot from your experience moving to Spain!
- Find some moderators who know their shit.
- Stop watching so much World Cup and take it easy on the beer. My gut is growing.
- Setup a Forum Policy page and post it right here, then make it sticky.
- Encourage some of my expat friends to take a peek in here once in a while.
- Last but certainly not least, make this forum into the community of nice, friendly expats I know it can be.

Posted: 07 January 2010 10:26 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05

Hi Fuzzflyer,
You make some good points. We certainly welcome the older, less tech-oriented folks, but at the same time we receive about 1 spam or solicitation or scam post for every two real posts. This is just life in the wilds of the net of course. As such we, the moderators included, may tend to overreact initially, hopefully spurring the original poster to clarify or explain themselves or their actions.

On the other hand, online forums tend to offer users the opportunity to post without thinking. Even our moderators fall victim to that sometimes.

Thanks for hanging in there fuzzflyer. I’ve certainly noticed your posts around the forum as being very useful and relevant to others out there, which is what we hope for!

Signature 

Posted: 08 January 2010 03:27 PM   [ # 12 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-13

su bienvenida, hacemos todo lo posible .... :roll:

I do understand fully your difficulties with spam etc.. even the great god google took years to contain it..  so your doing a great job and surely the best out there in my opinion..    I don’t know what needs to be done to get more folks involved though..  maybe a page 3!  or a link to eastenders…..  but notes a small comments in Spanish may be of interest to many who struggle to learn..
Enjoy the wonderful weather!!
Saludos

Ian

Posted: 08 January 2010 11:54 PM   [ # 13 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05

Thanks for the kind words Ian. This isn’t anyone’s day-job, so we can only do our best when we have the extra time. That said, it’s clearly a labour of love. 😊

What do you mean “page 3” and what is “eastenders”? I’m guessing it’s a British thing, but only about 50% of our visitors are from the UK. 😊

Signature 

Posted: 09 January 2010 06:17 AM   [ # 14 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-08-13

LOL…..we left U K   30 years go but we do read the “NEWS”  Now and again

The Expatriator - 08 January 2010 11:54 PM

Thanks for the kind words Ian. This isn’t anyone’s day-job, so we can only do our best when we have the extra time. That said, it’s clearly a labour of love. 😊

What do you mean “page 3” and what is “eastenders”? I’m guessing it’s a British thing, but only about 50% of our visitors are from the UK. 😊