Spain?s Art Scene
Posted: 28 July 2011 06:37 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2011-05-29

Hello everyone, I am a young artist from NYC planning on moving to Spain within the next two years. I am curious to know where in Spain are there things happening as far as contemporary art scenes. I have visited Madrid and Barcelona before but only for a few days and was not able to explore exactly where the art scenes are in those cities. Any comments would be much appreciated.

Posted: 29 July 2011 02:43 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  56
Joined  2011-07-28

Not sure about BCN (but the obvious place to see is Picasso museum), but in Madrid, contemporary art is usually showcased at Museo Reina Sofia

The La Caixa Building also spots a lot of exhibitions

If art involves photography, there are quite a number of galleries scattered around, this is one that a friend of mine works for:

Blanca Berlin Galeria

Another friend has a gallery showcase of his own photography somewhere near Retiro Park, but I?m not sure if he?s still there

Ricardo Cases

As for underground, I?m not in the art world, but there is quite a lot happening around the neighbourhoods in Madrid. Probably best place to start is in Chueca!

Hope this gives you a little bit of an idea… sorry that I can?t be of much help!!

Edit: sorry moderators, didn?t realise links aren?t allowed.. I?ve removed them.