Movistar (Telefonica)
Posted: 28 July 2011 09:30 PM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  30
Joined  2008-12-26

Great Idea. Telfonica now Movistar. As the Spanish say “Same dog, different collar” I understand everyones frustrations as we deal with this company for our clients on a regular basis. If you wish some information or warnings, please go to our website and visit my blog for informative articles by linking to our blog. I am willing to answer questions on various issues regarding Movistar! I can also provide information on the legality or not on their actions.

Signature 

Kind regards,
Myra
http://www.costaadvicebureau.com

Posted: 20 November 2011 09:17 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2011-11-20

I tried recently to change the voicemail on my payg mobile to English and spent over an hour waiting to get onto an English speaker in Movistar. The first operator (after 25 mins or so) said she could not tell me how to do it but would do it immediately for me on her computer. When nothing happened I phoned again an hour later and was told this time it would take 24 hrs for it to happen. I then asked how to check my balance and was told to dial 22661 & the balance would be texted to me (at a cost of 12c per text). Two days later my voicemail was still in Spanish so I called to the local Movistar office in Manilva where the nice girl changed my voicemail to English in about 30 seconds. I have since found out that if you dial *133# you can get your phone balance for free. Why do Movistar give such poor customer service to their English speaking customers? Is there a Spanish Telecom Regulator I can e.mail to complain about only offering me a “pay” balance enquiry solution when there is a free one available. They should be forced to give both solutions!