Aussie moving to Spain
Posted: 28 May 2007 06:40 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-05-28

Hi Guys,

I’m an Aussie (Living in the UK right now) who is thinking of moving to Spain for just a few months (or longer if its possible). I am non-EU which obviously makes things difficult, and my spanish isn’t the best, though, I am studying (by book) every day, and slowly improving.

My plans are to come to Barcelona, and I hope to find some kind of work, that will support me enough to live there for a while. Around this time of year, is it easy to find “Black” work in Barcelona, in Bars or anything like this. I mean, I do have quite a fair bit of experience in IT, but to be honest, I don’t think this will be the best line of work for me in Spain.

I basically want to just go over there, learn some more spanish (even through just being there) and earn enough ?? to keep me there for a while.

I have read though some of the articles and other topics, which have been fairly useful, but I just wanted a bit of advice to get a fair idea of what im in for. I did consider doing the TEFL course, but in the end, I figured i’d rather just get over there and get into it.

Advice appreciated.