1 of 4
Introduction
Posted: 10 September 2011 11:39 PM  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  265
Joined  2011-09-10

Hello to everyone.
My name is Patricia.  Have lived in Spain practically all my life.  I am Irish.

Look forward to exchaning views and news on the forum.

Posted: 11 September 2011 12:24 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

Hi…

Refugee from EOS perchance?

fb

Moderator / Admin

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 11 September 2011 05:39 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-10

Hello Foxbat:
Glad to see you used the word “refugee”. LOL I think I won’t be the only “refugee” you will be welcoming.
War zones are to be avoided…

Patricia

Posted: 11 September 2011 05:46 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

hi there Patricia welcome to the forum

Posted: 11 September 2011 08:02 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

candytao this is Introductions part the fourm and not you place to have live link to you shop ,
your post has been EDITED < READ THE RULES
you fine on your links on ur post

jurdy

Posted: 11 September 2011 09:51 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-06-15

jurdyr.. re candytao… just more Chinese Spam… post deleted as totally irrelevant to this forum.

Signature 

Help desperately needed

Posted: 11 September 2011 10:15 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-06-15

Campana…

Welcome,

EOS has become far to aggressive and abrasive of late. Far too many ‘keyboard warriors’...A good percentage of recent new members have no idea of sentence construction, spelling and/or punctuation or even how to use a keyboard. If they cannot master their own native language how are they ever going to cope with la Lengua Espanol?
Short answer is of course they cannot and will not and will be forever dependant upon others.

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

Posted: 12 September 2011 06:14 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-10

Thank you, Fox.
I agree entirely with your assessment of the EOS situation.  I am unable to understand the unpleasantness, which seems to be confined to a few.  Yet these snide and often vitriolic individuals are not moderated. 
There are good posters who have left - Orinoco, for example, and Hammersfan too.  Obviously there are quite a few members who are fearful of posting, so the exchanges of “views” on the forum is confined to the “usual suspects”. 

A pity.

Best wishes
Patricia

Posted: 08 October 2011 04:52 AM   [ # 8 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-10

Just a quick hello to everyone.  I’ll get around to posting a little more later on.  Been busy, and isn’t it good to have work!

Patricia

Posted: 08 October 2011 01:32 PM   [ # 9 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-06-15

Hi and welcome back!

Gave up work a few years ago when my boss decided to offer voluntary redundancy / early retirement to half the workforce. Didn’t really have a choice though! Like it or lump it… Used the redundancy money and some commuted company pension to buy this little village house in Spain.  Gave Tony Blair and the UK the same options that my boss gave me…didn’t get a reply though!

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

Posted: 08 October 2011 06:54 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-10

Thanks, Foxbat.  You are always kind.

Your village life sounds good to me!  I suppose you might not have thought so at the time but the redundancy happened to push you in another direction you might not otherwise have taken.  Do you think so?  I certainly have found during life that an event which we did not want to happen and against which we struggled turned out to be all for the best, and indeed opened a different and better door.  Life is strange!  LOL.

Have a good week-end.
Best wishes
Patricia.

Posted: 17 October 2011 06:20 PM   [ # 11 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-10

I am delighted to see that around 200 people have “peeked” in on my introduction, but are they all so coy that they have nothing to say to me LOL.

Best to everyone
Patricia

Posted: 17 October 2011 06:29 PM   [ # 12 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-10-19

there lot off looker in ere ,

Posted: 17 October 2011 06:39 PM   [ # 13 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-10

Heh heh.  Expect you mean a lot of lurkers.  I suppose some of them may be my “fans” from elsewhere .  Heh heh

Patricia

Posted: 17 October 2011 06:49 PM   [ # 14 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-06-15

This is much more of an advice bureau than a lot of other forums with more of an international following.

People on here generally ask questions that they need answers to and usually get straightforward advice or at least a pointer in the right direction.

It is not, as you have so obviously gathered a social forum (or should that be anti-social?)!

Just now and again there might be a discussion point raised and people let off steam a little but we tend not to support the backbiting, whining that is so typical of such a lot of other purely Brit expat forums…!

Problem is of course that once someone has the answer they need they tend to disappear never to be seen again!

The site was being heavily spammed by Chinese, Indian and Pakistani commercial sites recently and this unfortunately drove away some of the regular contributors.

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

Posted: 17 October 2011 06:58 PM   [ # 15 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-10

Good for you Foxbat.  I am glad to know you do not encourage the whining, sniping and general ill-feeling on other expat forums.  Maybe those site owers think the virtual “cage-fighting” will draw the crowds.  I don’t understand it at all. 
Not to mention the “resident buffoon” that these sites tend to keep on board to ratchet things up when things start to be civilized and normal.

Patricia

1 2 3 >  Last ›
1 of 4