2 of 4
Introduction
Posted: 10 December 2011 09:15 PM   [ # 16 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  265
Joined  2011-09-10

Hello Foxbat:

Hope you and everyone are all keeping well. Gearing up for Christmas?!

Some have such a lovely Christmas spirit, don’t you think?!

Some individual called “Penny” , who evidently must stalk me and is probably rather deranged, posted this on a blog (“Granny’s” writer’s blog over on the other forum):
I had posted a message to “Granny” n her blog thanking her for a kind message of hers to me.

So this is what “Penny” wrote:

“All I can say, Campana, is many are very glad YOU have stopped posting, what a thoroughly nasty cow you are! “

Patricia

Posted: 10 December 2011 10:23 PM   [ # 17 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

Back in the early nineties, BBC Radio Solent used to have a morning chat show / listener phone in programme, hosted by a particularly strident female announcer who has since gone on to greater things with the National Beeb. She would take as her subject of the day any subject that was bound to polarise the listeners, take a particular stance on the subject and work it to death before throwing open the mic. lines to her listeners. All good stuff except that if the particular listener who was ‘Live on Air’, took an opposing view to hers, she would quickly make some derogatory statement, and then cut them off in mid sentence… her attitude was always something along the lines of “You can have any opinion you like, but if it isn’t the same as mine you are not going to voice it on my show.”

The censorship board is alive and well on that other forum, along with those who have absolutely no idea of grammar, spelling, punctuation or the use of a keyboard…

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 10 December 2011 10:49 PM   [ # 18 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-10

Thanks Foxbat. 

I agree fully with what you say.  A lot of incoherence LOL.

I quite enjoyed the few things that “Granny/Aspiring Writer” put up over there on her blog.  However - oh, horror!! - she posted a short story which contained a not at all lurid “rape scene”, a couple of sentences.  The latter day “Mary Whitehouses” complained, and as far as I can see the story is no longer up there.  They felt it was “not suitable” for such a (genteeel?!) site.  I mean, how RIDICULOUS can you get. 
What a small world some inhabit…....

Best wishes
Patricia

Posted: 31 December 2011 06:49 PM   [ # 19 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-10

Wishing everyone a very happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.  Let us hope the New Year brings all we could wish for. 
Salud y suerte to people of good will everywhere.

Patricia

Posted: 31 December 2011 09:55 PM   [ # 20 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

two all on the fourm , happy new year for 2012 , and let it be better one , again thanks all that help out with the Forum , with your postting
Jurdy

Posted: 11 January 2012 12:58 AM   [ # 21 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-06-15

kailystree…

Hi and welcome…

Do yourself a big favour… remove the totally irrelevant signature link; it’s SPAM.

This forum is for matters relating to Spain not Tennessee.

If it is still there in 12 hours the post will be deleted and a ban placed on further postings from your IP.

fb
Mod / Admin

Signature 

Help desperately needed

Posted: 11 January 2012 01:04 AM   [ # 22 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

I removed her account Foxbat. 😊

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 17 March 2012 12:58 AM   [ # 23 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-10
foxbat - 11 September 2011 12:24 AM

Hi…

Refugee from EOS perchance?

fb

Moderator / Admin

Hello to everyone:

Heh heh, Foxbat.  Isn’t there a lot of truth in the old Arab saying: “Sit long enough at your own front door and you will see your enemy’s body (funeral) being carried past.”

The tide is turning against the “enraged” brigade, over there.  It did make me smile.  :coolgrin:

I suppose you have all heard that there will be a Place in the Sun at Earls Court end of this month?

Best wishes
Patricia

Posted: 04 May 2012 01:40 AM   [ # 24 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-10

Nice to see a lot of people looked in on my “introduction”.  LOL.

I’ve lived in Spain forever (although I do go back and forth to my own country, Ireland, more so in recent times).

Things are very tough for many people in Spain right now, but they must sort out teir difficulties themselves IMO. 

Maybe I haven’t come across them, but I don’t think there are any French, German, Scandinavian (add to the list) expat sites   Is it only the U.K. that wants to turn Spain into a satellite U.K.?  Heh heh.

Patricia

Posted: 04 May 2012 02:34 AM   [ # 25 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05
Campana - 04 May 2012 01:40 AM

Maybe I haven’t come across them, but I don’t think there are any French, German, Scandinavian (add to the list) expat sites   Is it only the U.K. that wants to turn Spain into a satellite U.K.?  Heh heh.
Patricia

Hey Patricia, yep, there are definitely French/German/Dutch expat sites, some specifically for Spain, others are just general expat sites. SpainExpat.com here is probably the least UK-centric of all the expat sites for Spain (if I do say so myself). 😊

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 04 May 2012 02:57 PM   [ # 26 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2011-09-10

I agree, Expatriator, this site - Spainexpat - is not as U.K. centred as other sites.  At least the vitriolic hysteria which seems to be a feature of other such sites is lacking!  And here on Spainexpat the moderators are on the job. 

I’ve been looking to see if there were expat forums for other EU nationalities (regarding Spain) but they seem to be few and far between.  Besides, just looking at one or two French sites, the focus is very different. 

Patricia

Posted: 04 May 2012 11:57 PM   [ # 27 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05

Yep, we’re very proud of our moderators. It was daunting at first but we’ve got it down to a delay of about 5min before spammers are caught and banned. 😊

Have you considered starting your own forum for expats from other nationalities? If so, feel free to invite them ours here! We can even start a few new forum groups specifically for other languages if you think that would be helpful.

Signature 

Posted: 05 May 2012 01:53 AM   [ # 28 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

Spammer where i killed them ..... where thay ..... i ban them ....

Posted: 05 May 2012 02:00 AM   [ # 29 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-06-15

Me too Jurdy, unless you get there first….!

Signature 

Help desperately needed

Posted: 05 May 2012 02:13 AM   [ # 30 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2005-12-05

Easy on the vitriolic hysteria gentlemen… we gots us reputations to maintain! 😛

Signature 

< 1 2 3 4 > 
2 of 4