Please give me tips on Living in Seville / Sevilla
Posted: 17 September 2011 09:59 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2011-09-17

Hi,

As I am writing this I am probably moving to Spain in about 1.5 months?. (end of Oct)

If any of you would be so kind to help me find my way that would be wonderful.

I have been living in the UK for about 10 years but I am originally from Scandinavia.

I would really like help with:
- what areas are nice to live in? I don?t need centre, in fact I probably prefer outskirts. I like safe and nice areas. About 10-15 min drive from the centre would be ideal. Would be useful to be living in Este or San Pablo (think that is the area next to Este). Anyway, I have heard mixed reports about Este? Please help. I am looking for an apartment which comes with a pool, otherwise this viking will probably melt come March!
- What things to consider when renting an apartment?
- moving there? Companies, vans etc. What is the most affordable options out there..?

- What are the best things about Sevilla in your opinion?

- Any other useful tips?

Looking forward to hearing from you someone, or two.. smile

Anette

Posted: 23 January 2012 07:49 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2012-01-23
Anette - 17 September 2011 09:59 PM

Hi,

As I am writing this I am probably moving to Spain in about 1.5 months?. (end of Oct)

If any of you would be so kind to help me find my way that would be wonderful.

I have been living in the UK for about 10 years but I am originally from Scandinavia.

I would really like help with:
- what areas are nice to live in? I don?t need centre, in fact I probably prefer outskirts. I like safe and nice areas. About 10-15 min drive from the centre would be ideal. Would be useful to be living in Este or San Pablo (think that is the area next to Este). Anyway, I have heard mixed reports about Este? Please help. I am looking for an apartment which comes with a pool, otherwise this viking will probably melt come March!
- What things to consider when renting an apartment?
- moving there? Companies, vans etc. What is the most affordable options out there..?

- What are the best things about Sevilla in your opinion?

- Any other useful tips?

Looking forward to hearing from you someone, or two.. smile

Anette

Posted: 23 January 2012 07:50 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2012-01-23

(Sorry, I don’t understand how this forum works…) I answer again:

Hi, Anette

I supposse that you are already in Seville. But maybe I can still help you. I’m a Spanish girl and I have just moved to Seville (well, from november), and I can say that it’s a very safe city, at least I have felt that in this short time.
Sorry, my English is not very good :(

Well, the best zones, I think, are: old town (Barrio de Santa Cruz y La Juder?a), Triana, and Los Remedios. From there you can get the center of the town within ten minutes walking. And of course, Nervi?n (around the comercial center Nervion Plaza) and La Buhaira (around this park), and the zone next to Parque de Maria Luisa, and El prado.

But I recomend you Santa Cruz, Triana and Los Remedios, because they are cheaper and have more charming. And you can go walking everywhere.

If you need more information, you can email me: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address) 
I’m discovering a lot of nice places and I can help you with your life here in Seville.

Regards!