Weather!
Posted: 27 January 2012 11:13 PM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  25
Joined  2012-01-14

Does it feel colder this year in Spain, or is it just me? (live in inland Andlaucia).
The locals are saying that its not rained enough for the campo, but its raining now and perishing!!!

Posted: 28 January 2012 12:17 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  138
Joined  2006-11-28

On the coast, warmest winter for 5 years! Was raining earlier (with thunder & lightning) - but that was the first real rain for 9 months. Cooler in the evenings for now but gas heater cures that.

Posted: 01 February 2012 02:28 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  744
Joined  2009-01-22

Very cold weekend forecast for the Alicante coastline.

Signature 

Rob
http://spainreexposed.wordpress.com/

Posted: 05 February 2012 12:51 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2012-01-14

My washing machine is outside (only plumbing available) and I daren’t use it at the moment. I’m thinking that it might have frozen water in it, as the swimming pool is frozen over and the birds’ water is frozen in the mornings.  I guess we could drag it inside and then out, to use in the morning——or have a laundry holiday LOL

I saw on the Spanish news that Barcelona had snow right to the coast - and of course England has blizzards at the moment.

Global warming or new ice age? El Nina or earth knocked off its axis by Japanese earthquake - best not to think about it too long and hard as there are better brains than mine ‘on the case’. 
Thanks for the replies, it was feeling a bit lonely on here.

I hope everyone is putting a bit of food out for the birdies, x lioness

Posted: 08 February 2012 12:49 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

ya snow did fall in few north place from last sat woke up to snow in Palma de Mallorca and wind chill is lot lower then what there sayying .... was at Bcn airport for last few days and god it was cold ... my feet are so cold .... the hot water doing nothing for them ....

Posted: 12 February 2012 09:55 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2012-01-14

Hi Jurdyr, I found that changing into warm dry socks and footwear warms up the tootsies, so I always have a pair ready by the gas fire… Also my old mum used to say that - if your feet are cold ‘put a hat on’ and it bloomin’ works! Its a good tip from a generation who survived worse winters than us, with less facilities - maybe we are getting ‘soft’ LOL
We have dragged the washing machine indoors as its forecast -5 tonight and I dont want it to suffer - (we live in inland Granada)- so its a laundry holiday until it warms up a bit 😊 

Having said all that the rest of Europe has suffered worse - an old pal emailed us and was excited about a visit to Rome to get away from the English weather and we didnt have the heart to say its snowing there too…

The birds are eating all the crusts I put out (which they curled their beaks up at before Xmas) - I bring any scraps in at night so the ‘long-tails’ don’t benefit!
Hope everyone is ok and keeping warm, x lioness

Posted: 13 February 2012 12:23 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

Inland Granada… me too, 2,900 feet up the side of an alp. Pretty damn chilly even when the sun is shining. Taking 9 dogs for walkies three or four times a day is becoming something of a trial. Spend the interval between walkies warming up then its time to go again…
Roll on Spring…
fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 13 February 2012 08:24 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  235
Joined  2007-04-25

I don’t mind the chilly weather so much… so long as the sun is still shining and the sky is blue! 😊

I know what you mean about walking the dogs foxbat, though we’ve only the four! 😉

Signature 

Visit our website - http://www.granadapropertyreform.com

“Dedicated to making your Spanish house a home”

Posted: 27 February 2012 09:52 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Joined  2012-01-14

Hi all, well the weather seems to have ‘turned a corner’ so those of you walking the pooches will have a better time of it (the dogs don’t seem to mind the cold).  Saw my first lizard of the season today and now just waiting for the return of the swallows….

I guess its very British of me to keep going on about the weather but I just thought winter was bloomin’ freezin’ this year for Spain.
All the locals are praying for rain, there’s not been much for the olives so far…
hasta luego, lioness