Working from home… advice needed
Posted: 30 January 2012 06:59 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-01-30

Hi all, this is my first post here and my apologies if I should have posted a proper introduction before diving in with the serious questions. Hopefully in the next few months I’ll be moving to Spain with my family but at the moment I am really investigating my options.

I am British but have been working full time in Switzerland for over 2 years. Restructuring planned for the company I work for will enable me to perform my software development job remotely from anywhere with a reasonable internet connection and as my wife has family in Spain, this would seem to be a very appealing option.

Whilst I have a load of questions about relocating to Spain, my main concern is that the company I work for currently only has British and Swiss branches and I do not want to fall foul of any legalities regarding living in Spain whilst working for a non-Spanish company. 

Assuming that the company I work for wouldn’t be willing to set up a Spanish branch just to handle paying me, my guess is that the simplest solution would be to set myself up as a sole trader and invoice my current employer. However, I would be most interested to know what other alternatives may be available, whether anyone else has experienced this kind of working arrangement and any resources online or books that may be of use.

Posted: 30 January 2012 11:06 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

hi there the old company i used two work for is now doing same , let people work from home ... so eban wages out but under contract of employment , the works have to send in Invoices for wages and C2 allows the principal contractor to apply to the tax office for a relevant payments card for a sub-contractor . pm me need two know more
and welcome to the forum
Jurdy

Posted: 01 February 2012 04:11 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-01-30

Hi Jurdy, thanks for the reply… PM sent. Look forward to hearing from you