Obtaining internet/(UK)TV without a phone line in rural Mallorca
Posted: 16 March 2012 08:47 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-03-16

Anybody know how to get broadband/(BBC)TV without a phone line in central Mallorca? Cell-phone reception is OK, presumably via booster, so bought Movistar’s 20? monthly phone/internet deal 2 years ago but never used the lap-top card (dongle?) and this surely won’t help access BBC/ITV?! Will we need a satellite dish and, if so, what size etc.? Don’t mind investing as long as good quality TV/internet and low monthly charge. Technically challenged so any help much appreciated.

Posted: 17 March 2012 01:11 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

my mate has any old dish from when it was 19.2 east and get all his channel on it ... airtv is free site for Irish tv . booked my holdays to Mallorca in april ... he i com ...

Posted: 28 May 2013 01:14 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-05-22

I know this is somewhat after the fact, but Italia Wi-Fi, (don’t be misled by the Italia bit!), do satellite internet across Europe with a range of different price packages.
They’re an Italian-based British company with English speaking staff, but the really useful bit is that they provide a British ISP address as standard - and so you can get all your BBCiPlayer etc.
They also guarantee 100% coverage regardless of how rural you might be and have really fast connections.
Definitely worth checking out!