ANYONE IN LA CORUNA
Posted: 09 July 2007 04:56 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2007-07-09

I maybe moving to La Coruna some time in September and I was wondering if there were any other expatriates living in La Coruna or nearby who may have some insight for me about living there.

Josh

Posted: 23 May 2009 05:03 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2009-05-23

Im moving there too!  But i guess since your post was from 2007 im alittle too late :(

Posted: 23 May 2009 05:43 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  550
Joined  2008-09-12

My Family Live in La Coruna…. Mum Is born and bread Galleo….

I am always around and know the place well…

Laxe Soesto Traba All great coasts… Village of Laxe is were my folks are!

Posted: 13 July 2009 10:59 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2009-07-03

Are any of you still there? Im moving to La Coruna in 6 weeks, my girlfriend got a job there.

Cheers!

Posted: 13 July 2009 11:08 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-12

Hi Tahn..

I pop back and fourth to La Coruna because my mum and dad live there My mum was born there…

Nice place just a bit slow and nothing to do!

Were abouts has your GF got a job? Arteixo? or does she have a job in a School Teaching..

Anyway if you need to know anything let me know… Its very non speaking english place mind!

Mac.

Posted: 13 July 2009 11:34 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2009-07-03

Thanks for the reply

Posted: 14 July 2009 12:14 AM   [ # 6 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-12

So she be working for Zara (I think!)... Thats were my family (Cousins etc) work… they speak english in that company… so she be ok if shes working there…

With english pubs etc no nothing its Galleo or If your lucky Spanish 😊 Its not an EXPAT place La Coruna…

Bright Side your in the 2nd biggest capital in Galicia there is stuff to do etc…

I really cannot put the fun side on La Coruna as most of its Citizens try and relocate around EU or World when they Grad…

Sorry matey…

I am there almost every weekend (Depends on the Flights and Prices of them)

Mac

Posted: 14 July 2009 12:16 PM   [ # 7 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2009-07-03

Great Mac, thanks for the heads up.

Posted: 14 July 2009 03:09 PM   [ # 8 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-12

Tahn your welcome I will help you as much as possible…

PM me your email address as its best not to display them here…

I live in Salou.. but currently on my way down to La Linea.

As I will be working in Gibraltar….

Its a shame your not here for the end of August as its the Surf Championships in Soesto… All Aussies etc are here for that Soesto beach is the Surf beach!

And its right behind my mums house!

Posted: 13 January 2010 08:55 AM   [ # 9 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2010-01-13
Tahn - 14 July 2009 12:16 PM

Great Mac, thanks for the heads up.

Will definitely try to get in contact when we arrive and stand you a beer in exchange for some local tips- sounds like you`re the man to ask! I don`t think you mentioned where you`re staying in Spain, how old you are etc? If you want, hit me on my email which is above.

I`m starting to get the picture- Coruna seems like quite a provincial town, no English, no expats, no Irish pubs etc. This wil of course makes things a bit tough but we`re also looking forward to a more authentic Spanish experience I guess. It`ll force us to work on the Spanish quite hard anyway! Or the Galleo..

Am I right in assuming there is a surf shop in La Coruna? Gonna need to get a new board and wetsuit first thing. Looks like a small onshore break but after living at Bondi Beach for 8 years, than Sweden for 2, I`d surf in a puddle if I could find one. Speaking of buyinng stuff, are there any sites that`d be good for cruising local apartments and cars? Work is putting us up in a hotel initially but we need to find a place pretty quick. Any tips?

Thanks again!
Tahn

Posted: 08 June 2014 11:15 PM   [ # 10 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2014-06-08

Hello