Telef?nica - still terrible service, only slightly improved
Posted: 02 July 2012 04:02 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2012-07-02

Hi -
Just got off the phone from Telef?nica. Got through to an operator today, but on Saturday, I had to wait 75 minutes before I gave up.
I had a query about an invoice. Over the past five years there have been many errors, all profitable for Telef?nica, culminating in a major pain a couple of years ago when I was left waiting for a replacement phone for two months despite calling Telef?nica every day, with no one taking responsibility for an internal error. Throughout, I was of course billed consistently.
Today, after a very rude explanation of the billing system, I mentioned the 75 minute wait to the operator and the guy, after a long pause, said: “So what - what do you expect me to do about it?”
I thought Telef?nica had recently improved, under pressure from losing a lot of business to Yoigo, Ono, Jazztel etc but it appears not. I am Autonomo, I now get connected automatically with an English operator (or queue..) The only difference is that someone now tells me to get lost in English, not Spanish.
I don’t know how terrible the other Telcos are but if you don’t need the coverage I would recommend looking elsewhere before going with Telef?nica.
Cheers

Posted: 03 July 2012 01:53 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

Couple of questions for you…

1) Why did you not just go out and buy another phone? Telefonica shops have them on sale From about 25 Euros… as do most Ferretarias and the big chain Supermarkets like Carrefour and Alcampo.

2) Telefonica losing business to other telcos? Somehow I doubt it because those other telcos lease bandwidth on the wholly Telefonica owned infrastructure….

Your IP address decodes to Madrid and JAZZTEL…so one wonders why you were talking to Telefonica anyway…  your contract would appear to be with Jazztel not Telefonica…

As for how terrible the other telcos might be… so far as I am aware none of them offer customer service in English… you may get a sales agent who speaks passable English when they are trying to sell you something but when it comes to accountantancy questions it’s Strictly Spanish….

Reverse the situation… try requesting BT service in the UK on a Saturday in Spanish (or English for that matter!) and see how far you get… in fact what you will get is a scripted, heavily accented, Indian reply since all calls to BT are routed to call centres in India…

Telefonica may occasionally leave something to be desired when it comes to Customer Services, but they are streets ahead of any of the utility companies in the UK. Overall I have found T’fonica agents to be helpful, be it on their normal 1004 helpline or when dealing with subcontracted agents in their shops (and no I am not fluent in Spanish. not even remotely so).

Incidentally all calls to 1004 are immediately followed up with an automated call from them requesting a score from 0 to 9 in terms of rapidity of response, the information content of the response, the overall manner of the agent,  and the customers satisfaction with the service provided.

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 03 July 2012 02:52 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2012-07-02

Hi - I thought rage was welcome in this particular forum - “Come one and all, visit this Spain forum to bitch about Telefonica and be heard.”?

Anyway, it is a mobile contract taht I have with Telef?nica, and not a land line. The reason I have stuck with them despite being more expensive and the generally poor service throughout the years - in Spanish and in English - is that their coverage seems to be the most comprehenisive, particularly in the more remote regions.

Posted: 03 July 2012 03:57 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

Hi - I thought rage was welcome in this particular forum - ?Come one and all, visit this Spain forum to bitch about Telefonica and be heard.??

Fair comment!

So far as mobile coverage is concerned I can only speak for our local area…

Movistar… 2.5G (EDGE) GPRS locally, 3G a couple of miles down the road.

Orange… GSM cover only

Yoigo… no cover

ONO… no cover

Vodafone claim 3G locally but it’s a bit hit and miss.

Strangely enough wifey’s Kindle 3G shows a very solid 3G signal but we can’t find out which network Amazon use locally. I would guess that its Vodafone (and a fluke) but that’s all it is, just a guess!

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 03 July 2012 12:57 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  744
Joined  2009-01-22

How can you bitch about Telefonica - they don’t exist!

Signature 

Rob
http://spainreexposed.wordpress.com/

Posted: 03 July 2012 09:22 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  59
Joined  2007-12-04
ROB1305 - 03 July 2012 12:57 PM

Maybe so.
But if you go into any O2 shop in the UK they will proudly state that they are part of the Telefonica group and tell you about their links to Movistar in Spain as being part of the same group.  😊

Posted: 07 August 2012 02:59 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2008-10-13
zania - 03 July 2012 09:22 PM
ROB1305 - 03 July 2012 12:57 PM

Maybe so.
But if you go into any O2 shop in the UK they will proudly state that they are part of the Telefonica group and tell you about their links to Movistar in Spain as being part of the same group.  😊

They most certainly wouldn’t do it if O2 moved here that’s for sure…. LOL

Signature 

http://www.jetnet-in-english.es for Wimax service without the need for fixed line or line of site of masts. From 14.90 month, half the price of Iberbanda.