Getting facturas from businesses - successful strategies!?
Posted: 02 July 2012 04:25 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2012-07-02

Hi
I am an autonomo. When I go to restaurants, shops, buy online, I should be entitled to not just a receipt, but a full factura the seller’s CIF andf my NIF etc. In fact everyone is entitled to this.
However in my experience this is nearly impossible to obtain. Businesses will grudgingly give you a receipt, they may give you a fake factura without their CIF or a portion of the reqiuired details etc, but only very rarely do you get the real thing, on the spot.
Nine times out of ten, businesses will bluntly refuse, deny it is a legal requirement, promise to email facturas and never do so etc. There seem to be multiple motives - black money, incompetence, ignorance, laziness etc.
So it is a major job obtaining legitimate facturas - I am about to make my third visit to MRW, a large national company, in as many weeks - what a waste of time. But I need invoices for my IVA declaration later this month and to demonstarte legitimate expenses etc.
I could ask for a “reclamacion” from - the police advised me to do this - but I guess I could be quickly at war with all my local businesses!
Could anyone share their advice on a successful strategy to obtain facturas on the spot (without making multiple visits to businesses) - before I am forced to go nuclear!?
Thanks in advance!

Posted: 06 July 2012 03:09 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  101
Joined  2011-03-15

I live in Galicia and here I’ve never had a problem getting a factura. OK, in busy restaurants I dont ever ask. There is a restaurant that I use which has my ‘datos fiscales’, and I have obtained facturas from them, but I gave them my details a long time ago, one day before eating there, whilst we ordered I asked if we could get a factura, the waiter went to ask the boss and while we ate, they prepared our ‘ficha’. It’s true that many small restaurants and bars don’t have a printer capable of printing facturas, so it’s really qite pointless asking. If you are in a business where you tavel alot, ask your accounant, I beleive that receipts are acceptable for ‘dietas’. Any small business dealing B2B and even B2C should be able to give you a factura, you just need to speak to them nicely, and give them time to set it up. I have used MRW here without problems, factura wise.

Posted: 29 July 2012 01:16 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  744
Joined  2009-01-22

When we had a business we always used our company debit card and at least we had the electronic receipt for the card transaction if not an invoice. This linked to our company account bank statements always sufficed then (a few years ago) OK for a cheap menu del dia we sometimes paid cash but still got a till receipt.
If companies consistently refuse if you are buying with cash then maybe they are not being honest so perhaps use others.

Signature 

Rob
http://spainreexposed.wordpress.com/