Car rental
Posted: 22 July 2012 05:55 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-07-14

Hello everybody,

I am new to this site and planning to visit/ stay in the area near Alcala la Real (north of Granada on the N432). I am looking for a local car hire company and want to hire something small for 1 month.

Any offers/advice gratefullly accepted. I have a full UK driving licence.

May consider buying a used car, but not so sure at this stage.

Best regards to all

Posted: 23 July 2012 12:34 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

Hi…

Found this…

http://www.paginasamarillas.es/search/alquilar-coche/all-ma/jaen/all-is/alcala-de-real/all-ba/all-pu/all-nc/1?od=relevancia&cu=alquilar coche en alcala de real

However the question arises how do you propose getting from / to (presumably) Malaga Airport to / from Alcala given that there are no direct flights into Granada Airport since Ryan pulled the plug… and all bus services from Malaga Airport or Malaga Bus Station to Alcala involve a change at Granada.

Probably best all round to hire from Malaga airport… a lot more choice for car hire companies too

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 23 July 2012 09:38 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

Ryanair pulled the plug ,  two more in sept 2012     Ryanair Cuts Madrid & Barcelona Flights In Response To Spanish Govt Tax Increases
and announces Canary Island Cuts After Regional Govt Reneges On Growth

Posted: 23 July 2012 01:17 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-07-14

You’re right about Granada airport. It seems a shadow of its former self.

I’ll be arriving there though with Vueling. I can either get a bus from the main bus station in Granada up to Alcala or drive. I’ve got a hire car from the airport, but only want to keep it for a few days as it is too expensive. That is what I am asking if there are any recommended local car hire companies in the general area of Alcala la Real that charge more reasonable rates; particularly as I need to hire for about two weeks.

Regards