Marriage cert translation
Posted: 25 July 2012 10:20 AM  
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-07-25

I’ve had no luck contacting anyone at the US Consulate in Madrid about this so far. My husband and I were married in Almeria and we will have our marriage cert translated into English.( As we are moving to US we are looking for it to be translated into English). Does anyone know if the translation itself needs a certification? Can we have the English translation translated there in the US and if yes what kind of certification does it need? Thanks so much, I hope there’s some sun left in US by the time we get there.

Posted: 25 July 2012 01:42 PM  
Total Posts:  265
Joined  2011-09-10


It is very likely that the marriage certificate will require a certified translation.

Here is the link for ATA, the American Translators’ Association.  They will give you the necessary information.

American Translators Association
225 Reinekers Lane, Suite 590
Alexandria, VA 22314
Telephone +1-703- 683-6100
Fax +1-703-683-6122 Email Contact

Posted: 06 August 2012 02:39 PM  
Total Posts:  265
Joined  2011-09-10


“Help” you translate!!

No one helps you translate a certified translation.  These have to be done by an authorised certified translator.


Posted: 10 December 2012 10:22 PM  
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

Spam posts deleted…


Help desperately needed