Part time self employed.
Posted: 29 July 2012 08:37 PM  
Total Posts:  58
Joined  2008-06-06

Would someone give me a quick guide to working PT as a self employed person in Spain.  In brief I intend to work maximum 4 months a year and am a full time resident.  All I know (from the natives) is that full timers have to pay in the region of €350pm and any excess is claimed in your end of year returns. Does this apply to PTers?
Any info is appreciated.

Posted: 16 August 2012 07:54 AM  
Total Posts:  682
Joined  2007-11-01

Hi Phlaaps…
You have to register as autonomo, pay the Eu350pcm Social Security REGARDLESS OF YOUR INCOME/amount you earn.. and pay any tax due at end of tax year (Declaracion de la renta usually submitted in May of following year)...
You can go ‘Baja’ (de-register) for months when you are not working, so likewise, you will not pay any social security payments for these months.

However, be sure you can prove you have a min of Eu5,000 income in a year and private medical cover for months when not on state system.

See the new rules regarding ex pat (eu) residency requirements in Spain!