Paediatrician in Barcelona
Posted: 29 August 2012 10:36 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-08-29

My name is Hortensia Vallverdu. I am pediatrician and mother of two young children.  During the last years, I?ve been focused on primary care child health. I have worked in different public health centers and some hospitals.  Once I become mother I started to understand the pediatrics with a deeper systemic approach as well as with a more humane and respectful understanding of the child and its family. 
In recent years I have discovered in homeopathy a powerful therapeutic tool with wide application in most common diseases of childhood, both preventive and curative. This holistic view of medicine has led me to use homeopathic and allopathic treatments, or a combination of them, depending on the uniqueness of each child and his symptoms.
Another field where I?ve been involved in the last years is breastfeeding. During my daily practice, and also in my own experience as mother, I?ve found how, in some cases, breastfeeding becomes difficult at the beginning and, if it is not given an appropriate advice, it could lead to breastfeeding failure. That is one of the reasons why I looked for specialized training in this field, so that I can help to solve breastfeeding difficulties.
In my practice I make revisions to the healthy child (growth and development, screening for visual problems, musculoskeletal..)  Attend acute disease and chronic conditions. The first visit lasts approximately 45-60 minutes, the following of about 30-45 minutes.
I visit at Well Woman Clinic on Thursday (AM and PM), Calle Caspe, 80, primero, 1? 3?, Barcelona.
By appointment: call 93.3801505 or write .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)