I Got my Visa!!!!...Finally!
Posted: 19 September 2012 09:40 PM  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2012-04-23

Hola!

I finally heard from the Consulate in New York City.  My residency visa has been approved.  So now I have to fly to NY and go to the consulate for approximately 30 seconds…just enough time to show them my Passport and have them stamp it and then it’s back to the airport and back home. 

I have one more thing to do and that is obtain health insurance.  I haven’t had much luck because of pre-existing conditions which are minor but still pre-existing and we ALL know how insurance companies can be.  It’s a requirement for my NIE card so it’s just a matter of time.

45 days til lift off!!!

Thanks.

Rut42

Posted: 19 September 2012 09:43 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

Yay!

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 18 October 2012 11:49 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Expat
RankRankRank
Total Posts:  34
Joined  2012-04-23

Hola all,

Been a while since you’ve heard from the crazy American.  I’m down to 15 days and a “wake-up”.  It is incredibly hard to believe that I started this journey over seven months ago and it’s finally come down to this.  All of my requirements have been met.  I have housing in La Capellania and will be buying a car after I get my NIE card.

Which leads me to my final question.  I’ve been talking to a lot of people and have received a number of answers, but does anyone actually know how long it takes to get your NIE card?  I’ve heard three days to three weeks and even longer.

Many thanks to those of you who have provided me with guidance and just words of encouragement.

Hasta luego!

Mike

Posted: 12 November 2012 08:32 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2012-11-08

Hey Expat! I don’t know…probably you already got this information elsewhere, but to receive your NIE number, it might take between 2-6 weeks. it’s neither a very encouraging nor exact information, i know - but is really differs this strong… :( maybe you’ve been lucky since you’ve posted your question? ?Suerte!