Permits and Their Kin.
Posted: 22 October 2012 05:47 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2012-10-22

Hello All,

I will be moving to Spain within the next year to continue my education and since I will be a resident of Barcelona for a while (about 8 years) I need to have a job. I do understand how scarce jobs are now but I still must join the workforce if I plan on living in another country for nearly a decade. I would really appreciate any information on where to find an employer who would both hire me and help me get a work permit.

Also do you believe, in your opinion, it would be better to move to Barcelona, obtain a job first and a work permit then transfer my college credits and enroll in school or should I apply to the UB first while in the United States then move while still having obtained work prior to leaving?

Thank you so much for letting me steal a bit of your time.

Posted: 24 October 2012 04:21 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hmm, do you have any existing skills or education? What kind of jobs are you going to be looking for?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 25 October 2012 08:23 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2012-10-22

Well I’m asf ar as education I’m still in univeristy (reason for going to spain), as for a skill set I’ve worked with computers nearly all of my life (mostly virus removal and restoration, data migrations, installations and a bit more) and on the flip side hospitality such as retail, hotels, and theme parks.

Posted: 29 October 2012 02:27 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Hard to say how you’d get work, but did you realize that if you come on a student visa it includes up to 20 hours per week of work (last I checked anyway)?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 30 October 2012 02:26 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2012-10-22

...Really that’s included? Where can I check that if you don’t mind? Do you have a link?