Beware: Pet Transport companies from Spain to UK
Posted: 03 November 2012 07:05 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-11-03

Definite NO-NO’s

Petz Back Home or Spanish Moves (same company)

I contracted this company last year to bring my two cats back from Andalucia to Edinburgh. I was charged ?1,300 and was told the car would be air conditioned, comfortable and DEFRA approved. I was to be traveling with my cats.

I never got in the car or used the company and this is why:

The owner contacted me three days before travel to tell me he would not be able to come for me as it would cost him too much money and his business was going bad in Spain, he said he had another driver in Spain who would pick me up, everything would be the same apart from the driver, is what he said.

Everything being the same should have been, TWO large carriers which would accommodate litter trays, food, and my cats bedding, an air conditioned comfortable vehicle and someone who was experienced in pet transport.

What arrived was an old transit van and it arrived one day before my scheduled travel date with the driver insisting I get in and getting quite aggressive with me that I refused., The van was full to the brim with someone else’s furniture, a small space for ONE pet carrier, which if I had put my two cats into it would not have fitted even one litter tray!! No safety measures to secure the carrier, which was expected to sit on top of some plastic boxes. And no air conditioning or windows in the van. The driver was competently oblivious to any of the laws concerning pet transportation, the man was ignorant, bullying and insistent that I travel as he had been told he HAD to get me back to the UK.

The company now says they have changed hands, changed vehicles and changed address & bank accounts, conveniently, but I can tell you it is the same people, the same owner and the same story, he still claims that the vehicle he sent for me was adequate and safe…

Please do NOT use Petz Back home or Spanish Moves. I never got my money back either, as I was told the company had gone bust!!!

I then contracted Pet taxi transport based in Malaga whom I traveled with, because I was desperate and had lost money, but I would not recommended them either, a big disaster..

You can go to this page for recommendations and reviews by customers: spanimal dot org/pet-transport-reviews

Good luck and buen viaje 😉)