CHANNEL 4 NEED YOU FOR NEW PROGRAMME!
Posted: 15 November 2012 09:15 PM  
Tourist
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2012-11-15

Do you feel like your work/life balance just isn’t working?  Do you spend long hours at work and less time than you’d like with your friends and family? Do you dream of being your own boss but have no idea where to start to make that dream a reality? Do you feel like you’re at a turning point in your life?

True North Productions are looking for couples and families for a brand new Channel 4 series who want to make changes to their lives and start running their own business.

We are looking for people who are ready to make these changes but need some expert help to identify the right opportunity. It’s a perfect chance for people who dream of a new life but until now just haven’t had the expertise or head space to go for it!

Please contact – .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)  with a little bit of information about yourself and your current situation. Ideally you should be in a position to make some big decisions in 2013.

Posted: 15 November 2012 09:49 PM  
Administrator
Total Posts:  823
Joined  2006-06-15

Look I really hate to rain on your parade, but do you honestly think that with the present economical and employment situation in Spain, anyone with any commonsense is going to try to start up a new business here? With legit businesses, Expat and Spanish, of long standing cutting back on staff or shutting up shop completely every day, a new start-up hasn’t a hope in hell of succeeding…Hell even the cowboys have mostly packed up and left…

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

http://www.facebook.com/AbandonedDogsGranada

Posted: 16 November 2012 01:52 AM  
Expatriator
Total Posts:  265
Joined  2011-09-10

Er, Foxbat.  I think they are talking about the U.K., not Spain.

Even in the midst of recessionary times there are business that flourish, small businesses.  You know the saying: “fishing in troubled waters”.

Posted: 16 November 2012 03:28 PM  
Tourist
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2012-11-08
Campana - 16 November 2012 01:52 AM

Er, Foxbat.  I think they are talking about the U.K., not Spain.

Even in the midst of recessionary times there are business that flourish, small businesses.  You know the saying: “fishing in troubled waters”.

I have to say that I think that Campana is right. Even in these times, there are businesses that survive - a friend of mine started to sell cosmetics in a small shop - nail polish, new blemish balm, scrunchies etc. and he is doing more than well over there. People will always have the need to do everything to enjoy life and try something new…so why not start in Spain?

Signature 

“The worst thing a government can do now in Spain is to do nothing.”
Mariano Rajoy

Posted: 16 November 2012 10:52 PM  
Administrator
Total Posts:  1691
Joined  2005-12-05

On the topic of starting businesses in Spain…
http://www.kernelmag.com/comment/opinion/1434/startup-spain-an-emergency-protocol/

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

‹‹ hola!      Hi, i’m Alex ››