I have some questions about living in BCN.
Moving in a week!
25 years old, male, 180cm, London, UK
* I want to live in the city centre, preferable near the beach. How “safe” is La Barceloneta? How’s this area as far a noise and crime?
* What are the demographics of Cuitat Vella/ La Barceloneta? Like average % of Catalans/ Spanish, expats, immigrants, middle class/ upper class.
* Average rent for a studio or 1 bedroom apartment?
* Is 1700 Gross salary per month. Is that enough to live on? (no kids, no car, maybe party once a week).
* Income tax. I read it’s around 25%
* Spanish or Catalan? Which language is more “useful”, from a foreigners perspective. Do expats tend to learn/ speak Catalan or Spanish?
* How widely is English spoken?