Question about Historical Memory Law
Posted: 10 January 2013 10:03 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-01-10

Hello,

I am a US citizen. I have been trying to find a way to move to Spain and I cam across this law. I am wondering how close of a decedent I must be in order to take advantage of this. My Great Grand Parents left Spain and had my Grand Mother in Puerto Rico. My mother and I were both born in New York. Is this law only applicable to grandchildren? Or can I take advantage of this also?

If this is not an option, does anyone know of a way for me to gain citizenship?

Thanks!!!

Posted: 11 February 2013 12:32 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-02-04
vidrioman - 10 January 2013 10:03 AM

Hello,

I am a US citizen. I have been trying to find a way to move to Spain and I cam across this law. I am wondering how close of a decedent I must be in order to take advantage of this. My Great Grand Parents left Spain and had my Grand Mother in Puerto Rico. My mother and I were both born in New York. Is this law only applicable to grandchildren? Or can I take advantage of this also?

If this is not an option, does anyone know of a way for me to gain citizenship?

Thanks!!!

I asked almost the same question a week ago, and received zero responses. As I read through the forums on the subject I found that the time to take advantage of the rule has expired as of last year.
Unless there is an update and a change in the law you will need to find another way.
Apply for a visa, marry an EU citizen, and/or a citizen from Spain. If you go through the route of marriage for residency and citizenship, be aware…it’s illegal, soley for that reason only.