Short-term/holiday housing in Alicante—WHERE IS IT?!
Posted: 12 January 2013 07:22 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2013-01-10

Hey everyone:

Can anyone point me in the right direction for furnished short-term rentals in Alicante. I am looking to go at the end of July/early August for 5 weeks and need a place to stay. My friend who is coming with me will stay another 1-2 months.

For the life of me I am having the hardest time trying to find furnished “affordable” rentals for a 1 or 2 bedroom. WHERE ARE THEY?! The only few things I’ve seen in Alicante have been in excess of US$1600 for a month for a two bedroom! Or US$1000 + for a 1 bedroom. We are looking to spend btw $500-700 each on housing per month and haven’t had any luck. I really don’t want to stay in a hostel the whole time. Wouldn’t mind for a few days but after that would really like my own space.

Any ideas? Is US$1300 for a furnished apartment in Alicante not reasonable? Would Cadiz be cheaper?

Posted: 12 January 2013 07:46 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2013-01-10

Just to add: I have no objection to renting out a room in an apartment….I just wasn’t sure where to look for that type of thing in Spain. Is there a website? When I lived in Buenos Aires it was very easy to look for because of craigslist. But being that I’m looking at smaller cities I’m not having as easy of a go.

Posted: 13 January 2013 01:25 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  744
Joined  2009-01-22

That is peak holiday season - so naturally prices are peak. There is no cheap accommodation that time of the year, unless you go way inland and even then nobody lets for 4-5 weeks unless they are in the ‘holiday let’ business.

Signature 

Rob
http://spainreexposed.wordpress.com/

Posted: 13 January 2013 08:05 AM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2013-01-10

What about renting out a room??? That’s what I did in Buenos Aires….and that’s catering to a completely different market. Was just wondering if there was something like that in Alicante. I noticed that it seems to be common place in Madrid and Barcelona, but those are larger cities, so I don’t know.

Even when I search for apartments in Cadiz they’re comparable to prices in LA!!! Would love to find a house where me and my friend could rent rooms. Thanks for your input.