Permanent residency application has been refused
Posted: 14 March 2013 11:28 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-03-14

Hi

My brother has been living in Spain legally for over five years now and applied for permanent residency but due to having more than 12 months gap between continuous (its 15 months) his application has been refused. He has been given the right to appeal. i am wondering what will happen now if does not get the permanent residency now would he be able to extend his current visa and how long after can he apply for the permanent residency. I would appreciate any help you can give me. He has non EU passport (indian passport)

Many thanks

Nirmal

Posted: 15 March 2013 02:25 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

What did your lawyer say to do?

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 15 March 2013 03:13 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-03-14

Thanks for your reply we only received the letter couple of days ago and they give us 2 months to appeal. we have not spoken to a lawyer as yet. i was wondering if anybody know anything about this kind of situation. Many thanks again