Job required for transit/family permit purposes
Posted: 01 April 2013 06:59 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2013-04-01

I am an english woman currently living in the Domincan Republic with my husbnad and three small children.

I speak spanish very well and actually own my own business here in the DR, however as we have decided as a family to move back to the UK and as we are self employed here we can not apply for a spouse visa even though we earn three times the minimum income otherwise required.

So it has been sugessted we travel to an EU country first and Spain is the obvious choice as we are a spanish speaking family and I have to find work (even though financially we will not needed) so as we can then apply for a Family permit to move back to the UK.

As i have three small children and do not need to earn a particular amount, just be employed or self empoyed in Spain, I am looking for suggestions of work i can do that is part-time or on a self employed basis. We will be living off our salaries from the Dominican Republic.

We have not decided on an area just yet, ideally Madrid would be perfect as being near the english consulate would be an advantage, however i realize the south and expat areas would offer me more perhaps.

In a perfect world i would like a job where i could work from home, but I am open to sugestions and advice.