Spain Citizenship Questions - Please HELP!
Posted: 28 April 2013 11:44 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-04-28

Hello All!

I am sure there has been answers to similar situations & there is a ton of great info on here but its a bit hard to filter through everything and find situations that apply directly to myself & I would really love & NEEEEED your help!

I am in engaged to a spanish women and I will be moving to spain (from the US) August 1st. We are going to get married in August & I would like to apply for my citizenship as soon as possible.

I have vacationed to spain my whole life and love it there plus my fiancees family lives there so we want to be close to them! I want to be able to live there as soon as possible without visa hassles, extentions, etc.

Can anyone please explain the process getting married (i know there is a process to get marriage license), applying for residency and getting your citizenship & the possible time frames?

Also…Is there any advantage or disadvantage to us getting married in the states verse spain?

I have read a lot online but would really love to talk to a few people that have went thru the process. Thank you very much!