Oilfield Brit thinking of moving to Spain.
Posted: 08 August 2013 04:29 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-08-08

Just toying with the idea really. I’m in a bit of a rut in the UK being single and facing house prices getting out of reach. I work in the oilfield, currently west Africa.

Actually, I don’t really know Spain very well. I’d need to live somewhere with some Brits but not directly within a tourist trap. I like a bit of space and would need my own villa and plot. I also can’t be too far from a decent airport or it makes travelling to work a headache. I studied Spanish for a year but can’t remember much lol.

I might take a weeks holiday to the Costa Blanca later in the year and have a nosy about. I like historic places too like Granada. There probably isn’t a decent airport there though.

Hi anyway.

Posted: 08 August 2013 11:20 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

Granada does have a very good airport actually… what it doesnt have is flights…! 5 days a week link with London City apt. via BA Cityjet but that’s it for international flights. All other flights are to Barcelona or Madrid other than a once a day flights to Melilla and Palma Majorca. Used to be served by Ryanair to the UK and Italy but they pulled the plug when the local tourist authority / local government decided the returns on their investment didnt justify further ‘subsidies.’

If you need contact with other Brits then the Costa Brava via Alicante Apt or the Costa del Sol vis Malaga Apt would be your best bet.

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 08 August 2013 10:30 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-08-08

Thanks for the advice. I’m probably going to fly in to Valancia and explore for a week or so in September.