Introducing Myself (with a Special Hello to Residents of Alicante area)
Posted: 22 August 2013 07:44 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-08-22

I’m a single female, early retirement, very wordly and multicultural, highly educated and at this stage of life, interested in both an urban lifestyle and a quiet environment.

I’m fluent in Spanish and have the EU passport. No visa or linguistic problems but I love to live in English.

I don’t know anyone in Spain. Have decided to land in Alicante in 2 weeks. Why Ali?
Well, I need better weather and closeness to the sea. I found Valencia beautiful but too big and also somewhat expensive. Haven’t visited the small touristy towns between Marbella and Alicante, but I’m definitely looking to reside near a large city with a university, concerts, libraries, etc.

Does Alicante have a lively and inclusive Anglo expat community? How and where to join or meet them?

I’ll be renting and would appreciate an idea of the areas that may have cheaper flats.

I wish to live car-free. Near food markets and with easy access to nature and of courses, a good beach.

I’ll appreciate all the help and advice or guidance that I can get.

Thanks in advance,
June

Posted: 04 September 2013 06:14 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2013-08-22

Is this site dead? No welcome, no reply, nada!

Posted: 27 January 2014 11:10 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2014-01-27
manana - 04 September 2013 06:14 PM

Is this site dead? No welcome, no reply, nada!

hello. im here….........im an American interested in buying a small flat near Alicante. did u ever go their?  what was your experience their?  im going in april to look to buy a small flat

Posted: 13 March 2015 09:41 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2015-03-13

[You might try albir altea or la nucia, ai just joined this forum have laived in spain for a long time and looking for info to bring my mom over.uote author=“manana” date=“1377200666”]I’m a single female, early retirement, very wordly and multicultural, highly educated and at this stage of life, interested in both an urban lifestyle and a quiet environment.

I’m fluent in Spanish and have the EU passport. No visa or linguistic problems but I love to live in English.

I don’t know anyone in Spain. Have decided to land in Alicante in 2 weeks. Why Ali?
Well, I need better weather and closeness to the sea. I found Valencia beautiful but too big and also somewhat expensive. Haven’t visited the small touristy towns between Marbella and Alicante, but I’m definitely looking to reside near a large city with a university, concerts, libraries, etc.

Does Alicante have a lively and inclusive Anglo expat community? How and where to join or meet them?

I’ll be renting and would appreciate an idea of the areas that may have cheaper flats.

I wish to live car-free. Near food markets and with easy access to nature and of courses, a good beach.

I’ll appreciate all the help and advice or guidance that I can get.

Thanks in advance,
June[/quote]