Marriage Certificate from Registro Central
Posted: 11 September 2013 06:23 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-09-11

Hi,

I’m a non-EU country citizen, I’m married to a Spanish citizen. Recently, I’ve got my family reunion Visa. I plan to move to Spain in a month’s time and I’ve a bit of a problem with Marriage Certificate,

Our Marriage is inscribed in Consulate General of Mumbai, India. We’ve our Certificado de matrimonio and Libro de familia given by Consulate (Certificado de Matrimonio is about to be three months’ old)

When I had gone to Consulate in Mumbai to obtain my family reunion Visa, I enquired about getting another copy of Marriage certificate, they said, “you’ll get it in Spain it’s easy”. However, when my wife tried to get a copy of marriage certificate in her hometown, the officials said its not in database here and you need to go to Madrid and find out. It’s been two months since our marriage was registered at the consulate.

It’d really help me if someone could help me with the following questions I have -

1. Does it take long to have the information of our marriage registration done at Mumbai to be reflected at “Registro civil de Madrid”?
2. Can I get another copy from Consulate just before leaving to Spain?

‹‹ Free Healthcare      U.S-born Puerto Ricans ››