learning the language tips / hints
Posted: 30 October 2013 02:26 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2013-10-30

Growing up in California where there is a large Hispanic population, I’ve always been surrounded by the Spanish language but never was able to truly learn how to understand and communicate when speaking. I’ve tried classes at the University and local language academy’s but nothing was able to fit well with my crazy work schedule. In addition, I always felt that I was just another student within one large class of twenty students. My wife’s relocated her to Madrid and I was once again forced to learn the language.

A few months ago I discovered teacher Beatriz, who offered me a free trial lesson. Also she has designed classes strictly for my needs. The Skype method which she uses allows me to take classes from home so that I don’t have to stress about going to an academy. I highly recommend teacher Beatriz.
nativespanishteacher.com

Posted: 29 December 2013 07:47 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2013-12-29

you can only help practice. when I went the first time a student, I lived with a Spanish family and I had a half a year language practice, when I went back the second time, my language level has been above average. so I advise you to practice the language more often.

Posted: 29 December 2013 06:54 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

Joe… I’m curious…

For someone who supposedly lives in Spain, how come your IP address decodes back to KIEV in the Ukraine…

Please see the Admin thread at the head of this forum regarding inappropriate threads and posts and restrict posts to those that have some relevance..

And definitely NO LINKS to 3rd party websites and NO LINKS in signatures either.

fb
Admin. Moderator.

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 21 January 2014 06:06 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2011-09-20

watching spanish movies with english subtitles, and later with spanish subtitles helped me a lot

Posted: 05 March 2014 02:05 AM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2014-02-27

You need both lessons and practice, really… I know italian a bit and tried to learn Spanish in progress of sorting out various things (registration in health center, tax office, NIE etc). I only started speaking more or less at basic level (when I express myself without gestures 😊 ) once I started attending official Espanol para extranjeros language classes. Private classes is also good option. But once again - if you don’t speak with people you’ll not progress much. For me it’s even more challenging as local people speak Andalucian…