Housing and other local Taxes
Posted: 15 November 2013 06:11 PM  
Tourist
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-01-12

Could anyone tell me if Spain operates a reduction in Taxes if one experiences local problems that effect house prices, the possibility of selling and unsocial/health issues.

I live on an Urbanisation that has been effected by the gases and smell from a local Refuge processing Plant run by FCC.
The local residents have been fighting to get the problem resolved but no one takes any action.

I would like to apply for a reduction in my local taxes due to these issues but do not know who I would contact to ask this. I previously wrote to our local Ayuntamento and Mayor in El Campello, Alicante but did not receive a reply; which is usual for him.

Could anyone advise.

Steve

Posted: 23 December 2013 04:45 PM  
Tourist
Total Posts:  4
Joined  2012-02-20
spnoe - 15 November 2013 06:11 PM

Could anyone tell me if Spain operates a reduction in Taxes if one experiences local problems that effect house prices, the possibility of selling and unsocial/health issues.

I live on an Urbanisation that has been effected by the gases and smell from a local Refuge processing Plant run by FCC.
The local residents have been fighting to get the problem resolved but no one takes any action.

I would like to apply for a reduction in my local taxes due to these issues but do not know who I would contact to ask this. I previously wrote to our local Ayuntamento and Mayor in El Campello, Alicante but did not receive a reply; which is usual for him.

Could anyone advise.

Steve

I would suggest going down there in person - easiest way to clear things up. My husband deals with all this, I will ask him when he gets home and pm you