Rental Laws-Updated June of 2013
Posted: 18 November 2013 08:46 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-11-18

I am aware of the new rental laws, that have been passed this last June. However, I have scoured the internet looking for information regarding heat source provided by the landlord and have not been able to find anything. I live in a flat and there is a furnace, but it does not work, neither did the air conditioning. I have three other roommates and was told by the landlord when I moved in that I would have to talk to the other girls about the use of the air, back in July. We did not use it.

Now it is starting to get colder and we are wondering about the legalities of the landlord needing to provide a heating source. Sure we could all buy space heaters, but that gets to be very expensive. Some of the girls are from other countries and they do not want to buy a space heater, because they won’t take it back with them!

Second question, what about the legality of the landlord paying for a lock that I had to put on my door? When I came in May, and before I left, I unplugged all the electrical plugs and closed the door. When I returned in July, the door was wide open and everything was plugged in again! That is because there is a Spanish female that lives here. She had told the landlords she was going to be gone on holiday for July-September and did not want to pay her fair share, she came and went through-out that period, got the clave from the bottom of my internet and used it while I was not here!

The landlord said I could put a lock on my door, but it cost me 100 euros and I am not a happy camper. Any legal advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Posted: 18 November 2013 10:13 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

Hi, hola welcome aboard!

Can I suggest you address this problem to other forums as well?
We at Spainexpat lost a lot of our regular contributors when the site was subject to a mass spamming problem some months ago.
You may get a response here but it may well take some time.
I personally cannot answer either of your queries, but someone out there might be able to help.
Good Luck

fb Admin /Mod.

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 18 November 2013 11:30 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-11-18

Thank you for your reply, but do you mean other sites? I rely on SpainExpat.com! ;-0