Over the Counter Medicine - Hormonal Drugs/Birth Control
Posted: 04 December 2013 11:46 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-12-04

Hello! So this is somewhat taboo, but I am wondering if anyone has had experience getting the menstruation-delay pills Norethisterone over the counter here in Spain. I am looking to delay my period while I’m home over christmas and won’t have a enough time to run by my doctors due to the crazy holiday schedule.

I’m a little nervous to go and ask the farmac?a and wanted some advice before I go, like how likely would they give me something like that over the counter…I’m hoping just one person will read this that had the same experience!! Thanks!

Posted: 05 December 2013 12:09 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

Becky… Hi
Some birth control related drugs are most certainly available without a prescription here but I don’t know about this one.
If you have an ongoing NHS repeat prescription I would suggest that you bring it with you and present it with the packaging from the UK version to the Farmacia.
The Spanish equivalent is ‘Noretisterona’
I have asked your question on another forum that has a much larger following than this one and am awaiting replies. I will post any information I receive here on this thread on this forum.

fb
Mod / Admin.

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Posted: 05 December 2013 12:15 AM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  2
Joined  2013-12-04

Thank you!! Yeah, definitely let me know. I’m very curious