Ono rage! Learning Telefonica’s old tricks . . .
Posted: 19 December 2013 09:55 PM  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2006-02-03

OK, so I’m the guy who was full of Telefonica Rage back in the year 2000, which evolved into a fine SpainExpat forum. Since that time, Telefonica changed from a monopoly to a quasi-monopoly. I have to admit, Telefonica has cleaned up their act—they’ve worked hard on improving customer service. They’ve also changed their name to Movistar—when the entire population hates you, pretend you’re someone else.

So now I have to say Telefonica’s service is better than Ono’s. Ono has picked up an old trick of Telefonica’s bag: make the baja impossible. Ono for companies now hides their telephone number and wants you to use their online client area. But you can’t do a baja online (contrary to what the first Ono person told me). So you call 1403 and they say you can only do a baja by calling 800-400-036. When you call that number, you get a busy signal . . . all day long, and the next day . . . I called 1403 back—they said “keep trying that number, maybe you’ll have better luck in the afternoon.”

It’s funny, because this is exactly what Telefonica used to do back in 2000: retain clients by force. Good luck with that, Ono. (Oh, no!)

Posted: 19 December 2013 10:12 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  1682
Joined  2005-12-05

Sounds like you should record these incidents, call a lawyer and get some class action against ONO… 😉

Signature 

“Vocation is where your greatest passion and the world’s greatest need overlap.”

Now follow SpainExpat.com on Twitter for updates, advice, news, and forum highlights.

Recommended reading: working visa (non EU), other visas, jobs in Spain, teaching English (non EU), finding apartments, holidays, mobile/cell phones, NIE cards, gestors.

Posted: 01 January 2014 11:37 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  9
Joined  2012-11-19

I don’t understand why people do not use Skype! Calls to cell phones and landlines for a fixed rate and unlimited in Spain or for the world for that matter. Subscriptions are very reasonable. Plus, it takes seconds to make it happened, versus days to get telephonica to make an appointment and then they give you a window of 4 hours, I’ve got better things to do, in those 4 hours, then to wait for them to come!

Posted: 02 January 2014 05:49 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  20
Joined  2006-02-03

Because for Skype, you need an internet connection. For internet, you need Telefonica (or Ono . . .).

Posted: 02 January 2014 07:02 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Administrator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  818
Joined  2006-06-15

rushmo… I dont know the current relevancy of the phone numbers you quoted… the ono es website doesnt quote either of them…

Current contact numbers appear to be 1590, 1451 and 800 400520…

Also for other respondee on this thread, I seem to recall that like all other non telefonica movistar internet providers, Ono do not have their own independent network and lease space from either telefonica movistar for ADSL and from Vodafone for mobile internet. Vodafone es do not encourage the use of Skype, in fact in most ares of Spain you cant use Skype wth Vodafone, the bandwidth requirements are too high. On this point I stand to be corrected however, it certainly used to be the case!

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

https://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773