spouse visa and family-reunification
Posted: 03 February 2014 09:29 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2014-02-03

Hi all, I’m hoping you could fill me in on some of the questions I’ve got.

Im a Danish citizen and I moved to Spain (Barcelona) a week ago. I got my NIE-number and social security number and bank account and I will sign contract tomorrow for my job that’s starting in 2 weeks.

My wife is from Philippines and the whole idea of me moving here is that we could live here together.

So my questions are: where and how do I apply for a her visa? how does it work?
I have the idea that I as a EU-citizen, living and working in another EU country has got the right to get my wife over here and live with me, correct?

What documents exactly do I need to present, and where should I go and hand in the documents and invitation letter?
I’m guessing the list would look like this, but I would like to know if anything should be added:

*NIE-number card
*Social security number document
*My passport
*Marriage certificate
*Contract from my job
*Contract from my appartment (that I’m going to rent asap)

should the marriage certificate be certified by the Danish consulate in Spain? we got married in Philippines and I already registred the marriage at the Danish authorities, by presenting the marriage certificate (I’m pretty sure I could get a print-out in English from Danish authoryties, but is that enough or do I need to go by the Danish consulate here in Barcelona)

My next question is about my adress here. at the moment I’m staying with friends and I don’t really have an adress here yet. I’m hoping to get my own appartment tomorrow. So where do I go and register that I’m actually living in Spain? I guess I would need to present a proof that I’m living here, in order to invite my wife, right?

is it necessary to have an actual adress or could I just invite her and tell the adress where I’m staying with friends at the moment?

Is it a normal tourist visa that she will get? I understood that it’s sort of a special visa because we are married and there are a few things that are different from a normal tourist visa: like she would have the right to an answer within 2 weeks of applying, and no need for travel insurrance etc.
Once she is here on that tourist visa, we will be able to apply for family reunification, is that correct?

So basically I just need to know where to go and what documents to bring in order to invite my wife over. Any imputs are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Peter

Posted: 14 February 2014 04:55 AM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  453
Joined  2008-12-30
PeterL - 03 February 2014 09:29 AM

Hi all, I’m hoping you could fill me in on some of the questions I’ve got.

Im a Danish citizen and I moved to Spain (Barcelona) a week ago. I got my NIE-number and social security number and bank account and I will sign contract tomorrow for my job that’s starting in 2 weeks.

My wife is from Philippines and the whole idea of me moving here is that we could live here together.

So my questions are: where and how do I apply for a her visa? how does it work?
I have the idea that I as a EU-citizen, living and working in another EU country has got the right to get my wife over here and live with me, correct?

What documents exactly do I need to present, and where should I go and hand in the documents and invitation letter?
I’m guessing the list would look like this, but I would like to know if anything should be added:

*NIE-number card
*Social security number document
*My passport
*Marriage certificate
*Contract from my job
*Contract from my appartment (that I’m going to rent asap)

should the marriage certificate be certified by the Danish consulate in Spain? we got married in Philippines and I already registred the marriage at the Danish authorities, by presenting the marriage certificate (I’m pretty sure I could get a print-out in English from Danish authoryties, but is that enough or do I need to go by the Danish consulate here in Barcelona)

filipino citizens need a visa issued by spain to enter spain as resident in this case.
as requirements change often, the best thing is for you to call the spanish consulate in manila and ask for their requirements for your wife’s visa.

My next question is about my adress here. at the moment I’m staying with friends and I don’t really have an adress here yet. I’m hoping to get my own appartment tomorrow. So where do I go and register that I’m actually living in Spain? I guess I would need to present a proof that I’m living here, in order to invite my wife, right?

is it necessary to have an actual adress or could I just invite her and tell the adress where I’m staying with friends at the moment?

in her application for the visa, the spanish consulate will require an address so you will need to be in your own flat and empadronado.

Is it a normal tourist visa that she will get? I understood that it’s sort of a special visa because we are married and there are a few things that are different from a normal tourist visa: like she would have the right to an answer within 2 weeks of applying, and no need for travel insurrance etc.
Once she is here on that tourist visa, we will be able to apply for family reunification, is that correct?

So basically I just need to know where to go and what documents to bring in order to invite my wife over. Any imputs are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Peter

a residence visa

‹‹ FBI Backround Check      Spanish nationality ››