Moving to Spain, URGENT advice welcome.
Posted: 18 February 2014 09:23 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2014-02-18

Hello,

I am coming to Spain this Thursday 20th and hoping to rent a property for the long term. I will probably head down to Malaga region as after many hours of trawling the net I have managed to find 1 property which may be suitable in Nerja and 1 in Torrox.

Can anyone please give me advice if the above 2 locations would be suitable for a young single person please? The properties look good but I have no idea about the locations. Also if anybody knows of any other suitable properties for long term rent please let me know.

My only criteria are:
1) I am only 30 and coming alone. I need somewhere in town and with a good vibrant atmosphere and not quiet in any way. I want to be able to mix and meet new people and not feel lonely. I visited Granada city before and that had a good atmosphere.
2) Must be furnished and for long term.
3) Must have garage or other safe lockup for my motorcycle.

I was in Spain around two weeks ago and managed to drive around the Alicante area for a couple of days but my trip got cut short due to work. I do not require work in Spain, only living.

Thanks in advance for any replies and advice, Mark.

Posted: 23 February 2014 04:50 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2014-02-23

Hello Mark,

Nerja, is too quiet place, i recommend you the other area of Malaga, West coast, from benalmadena, fuengirola or marbella.
i live in Cordoba, but i travel everyweekend to Fuengirola.
I can introduce you to some social clubs here where you can start to do some networking if you need it.

Regards,

Signature 

Posted: 01 March 2014 11:31 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2014-02-27

Yes, Nerja is typical Spanish town that is beautiful but too quite. If you looking for a big city then Malaga is good option. Hovever be ready for relatively hot summers. Personally I would better move to Torremolinos, Benalmadena or Fuengerola. These are nice touristic cities with nightlife, bars, restaurants and great beaches.