Moving to Spain, URGENT advice welcome.
Posted: 18 February 2014 05:23 AM  
Tourist
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2014-02-18

Hello,

I am coming to Spain this Thursday 20th and hoping to rent a property for the long term. I will probably head down to Malaga region as after many hours of trawling the net I have managed to find 1 property which may be suitable in Nerja and 1 in Torrox.

Can anyone please give me advice if the above 2 locations would be suitable for a young single person please? The properties look good but I have no idea about the locations. Also if anybody knows of any other suitable properties for long term rent please let me know.

My only criteria are:
1) I am only 30 and coming alone. I need somewhere in town and with a good vibrant atmosphere and not quiet in any way. I want to be able to mix and meet new people and not feel lonely. I visited Granada city before and that had a good atmosphere.
2) Must be furnished and for long term.
3) Must have garage or other safe lockup for my motorcycle.

I was in Spain around two weeks ago and managed to drive around the Alicante area for a couple of days but my trip got cut short due to work. I do not require work in Spain, only living.

Thanks in advance for any replies and advice, Mark.

Posted: 23 February 2014 12:50 PM  
Tourist
Total Posts:  7
Joined  2014-02-23

Hello Mark,

Nerja, is too quiet place, i recommend you the other area of Malaga, West coast, from benalmadena, fuengirola or marbella.
i live in Cordoba, but i travel everyweekend to Fuengirola.
I can introduce you to some social clubs here where you can start to do some networking if you need it.

Regards,

Signature 

SpainBOX
Parcel forwarding
Moving from spain
Order fulfillment
Get your own Address in Spain

http://spainbox.com/mailboxes

Posted: 01 March 2014 07:31 PM  
Tourist
Total Posts:  8
Joined  2014-02-26

Yes, Nerja is typical Spanish town that is beautiful but too quite. If you looking for a big city then Malaga is good option. Hovever be ready for relatively hot summers. Personally I would better move to Torremolinos, Benalmadena or Fuengerola. These are nice touristic cities with nightlife, bars, restaurants and great beaches.

Signature 

I live Spain, work in Gib and send money home almost for free