In-Tenerife.net is a Scam
Posted: 26 May 2014 02:38 PM  
Expat
Total Posts:  32
Joined  2010-11-23

Hi guys

There is a site that we have been monitoring for a while in Tenerife called In-Tenerife.net because they have been stealing content from reputable blogs including our own.
After further investigations, we uncovered that the owners are of Romanian/Italian extraction and have no definitive contact details.
The site has an email with no contact section but the email is blocked and bounces messages.

Although not visible in the frontend, they seem to be working on a property sales platform in the backend which all seems very dubious seeing as 99% of the site content is stolen. (Copyscape confirmed)

Please be aware of this if you ever come into contact with them as it looks like they are trying to set up some fraudulent activity.

Thanks for reading.smile

Signature 

The Teneife Forum Site

Posted: 27 May 2014 02:07 AM  
Administrator
Total Posts:  2855
Joined  2007-10-19

There lot off people out scamming , alwas google the company , the person , the company clients , the email address and so on

like english radio in Tenerife and gran canaria kiss fm google guys name aswell you see all blog about him .... think he got 100 blogs from every language in EU zone ....

becareful hand any money over , get a lawer that independent .

ask in forums , we can try help

Posted: 27 May 2014 09:34 AM  
Administrator
Total Posts:  820
Joined  2006-06-15

There can be little doubt that whoever is behind the website referred to is taking the p*ss.
Run a ‘whois’ check on the website via networksolutions.com/whois… the entry is interesting to say the least…
I’d avoid any contact with the company…

fb

Signature 

Help desperately needed

http://www.facebook.com/AbandonedDogsGranada

Posted: 27 May 2014 09:40 AM  
Expat
Joined  2010-11-23
jurdyr - 27 May 2014 02:07 AM

There lot off people out scamming , alwas google the company , the person , the company clients , the email address and so on

like english radio in Tenerife and gran canaria kiss fm google guys name aswell you see all blog about him .... think he got 100 blogs from every language in EU zone ....

becareful hand any money over , get a lawer that independent .

ask in forums , we can try help

Absolutely, forums have saved the day many times when looking for reviews and info about shady offers.

Signature 

The Teneife Forum Site

Posted: 27 May 2014 09:45 AM  
Expat
Joined  2010-11-23
foxbat - 27 May 2014 09:34 AM

There can be little doubt that whoever is behind the website referred to is taking the p*ss.
Run a ‘whois’ check on the website via networksolutions.com/whois… the entry is interesting to say the least…
I’d avoid any contact with the company…

fb

Thanks Foxbat
I did a whois and like you say, it’s clear they’re up to suspicious activity. The name of the person registered is ‘No0ne’ and the address is’neva gonna find me’ so I think that speaks volumes. smile

We’ve started creating a cluster of results on Google for targeted phrases so that people searching for their site will see that it’s a scam instantly.

Good to be advanced in seo and this thread is one of many on the same subject so hopefully this will save someone from grief down the line.

We have fifteen indexed results so far and they will eventually crowd the first page of Google.
Just to add, we managed to get the site heavily penalised by Google and it will be almost impossible for them to rank for anything in future. The site is pretty much dead in the eyes of Google anyway so they’re better off starting over with a new site lol.

Signature 

The Teneife Forum Site

Posted: 27 May 2014 07:39 PM  
Expat
Joined  2010-11-23

I completed a post about the site in question in this thread.
Hopefully it will give some ideas on what to look for and where to check it.smile

http://tenerifeforum.org.es/tenerife/in-tenerife-net-anatomy-scam-making/

Signature 

The Teneife Forum Site