Hi all
Posted: 02 May 2015 11:33 AM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2015-05-02

I’m 60, and me and my family have relatives in the Malaga area, so have been out there a number of times and really like the place.  We’re planning to have a second home in the area for retirement, and have joined the forum to learn as much as possible.  I look forward to reading the posts here.

Chris

Posted: 21 July 2015 03:31 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2015-04-22

Hi Chris

I am new here.  We are moving to the Antequera area in November.  I joined this forum, as I was getting negative comments on another regarding moving ‘inland’ and how they wouldn’t dream of moving ‘there’ as it gets too hot in July/August.

As you said you have been there several times, to Malaga, can you help alleviate my fears, as we are very far down the line with our preparing to move?

Thanks in advance.

Posted: 22 July 2015 09:31 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2015-05-02

There are 7.5 billion people on Earth, and they all have different opinions.  I only know the area from a visitor perspective, and know for certain that others on this forum - being residents - will have a much more informed view.

I know this - checking a place out before committing is invaluable.  Also, having been an expat twice in my life, I know you must be prepared to commit at least a year to a place before deciding whether to stay or bail out.

Good luck and give it all you’ve got.

Posted: 23 July 2015 07:50 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2015-04-22

Thanks Chris, we certainly will give it all we’ve got.  I was hoping that anyone in the Malaga and Antequera regions might reply, so that we have some expat contact when we move.