Seeking long term rental…
Posted: 24 June 2015 09:31 PM  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2015-06-24

Hello everyone

Although I will be checking this site and others regularly, I would be grateful if anyone can assist me in regard to finding a long-term rental property.

I am single and in my mid 40?s and currently living in the South of England; Due to health reasons and the hope a warmer climate will ease my symptoms, I am planning to relocate to Spain around October/November time. To that end I am seeking a studio apartment or similar inexpensive self-contained accommodation for long-term rental, i.e 12 months plus.

Location is not too important however as I can?t drive any more I will need to be within walking distance of basic amenities such as a supermarket and doctor, and also close to regular or semi-regular public transport which connects to larger towns and facilities.

I am more than happy to provide references and deposit etc. I am a quiet person with a pleasant disposition and just wish to lead a simple life in the sun, make a few friends and gradually integrate myself into Spanish society.

Thank you!

Posted: 05 July 2015 08:12 PM   [ # 1 ]  
Expatriator
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  308
Joined  2007-02-25

Hello NikNik

We hope that you find a place, but I would suggest it is a little early to start looking for a property for November as most owners will not sign a contract more than about 3 weeks prior to the start of the contract as it will restrict the potential clients they can get.

Rental contracts in the main are 11 months duration and offer an option to both parties to extend if required.

When you find a place you will be looking at a deposit of 2 months rental, plus 1 months rental in advance, some properties could attract an agency fee and end of stay clean, though all these costs should be advised to you by the agent.

Before you start to look in earnest, then I would suggest your time should be spent learning Spanish and researching the area’s you could be interested in as it is around 1300km from Roses in the north to Huelva in the south which takes around 15 hours to drive. The differing area’s have lots of variations in weather, landscape, language and property rental prices, so research is important.

Dave

Signature 

http://www.damattproperty.com
http://www.rentproperty-spain.com

Posted: 05 July 2015 08:37 PM   [ # 2 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2015-06-24

Hi Dave

Many thanks for taking the time to reply - your suggestions are appreciated.

Nik

Posted: 25 February 2016 01:16 PM   [ # 3 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Joined  2016-02-24

There are several online property portals which provide the buying, selling or renting services without any commission. I think, you should try them.

Posted: 07 March 2016 02:59 PM   [ # 4 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  10
Joined  2016-02-18

Hello NikNik,

First of all, congratulation, you project is great!
I moved from France to Spain one year ago and I really do not regret my choice:)
If you want sun, get integrated into the local life and move easily by walk or public transport, I can tell you that Murcia is a very nice city to live.
It is a safe city, people are really easygoing, friendly and there is a lot of life in the street: people are having drinks out in terraces even in winter!
Then you have a good autobus service that can bring you to the airport of alicante for only 5? and also to the beaches of la Manga for eg.
If have any additional question please let me know.
And if you are interested in this area, there is an agency that can find you a long-term renting in Murcia: http://www.ready4spain.com/en/
Otherwise, you have other portals in Spain to look for a renting such as idealista, fotocasa, enalquiler.
Good luck,

Melissa

Posted: 15 March 2016 07:58 PM   [ # 5 ]  
Tourist
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2016-03-15

In these days, people, widely prefer having the assistance of some experts to have some unimaginable enjoyment for their holidays. It has been seen that the services of Apartamentos Madrid are quite noticeable regarding this aspect. The service providers of this organization usually deliver all their stunning services within quite a moderate asking price. I have become highly satisfied with the stunning services of Apartamentos Madrid.

Posted: 13 May 2016 03:50 PM   [ # 6 ]  
Just Landed
RankRank
Total Posts:  11
Joined  2016-05-04

Hi!
Hopefully one day I will do the same and let myself to relax and enjoy the life. Check Tranio website to find a proper apartment. It is not an agency but a broker so they have an access to the catalogues of more than one local real estate agencies. I wish you all the best!!